Don Parham Suspension

Oh, did you want more? Sorry, my smart a$$ was engaged. Kevin used to be on here, but has been busy building his gyro and taking lessons. I don't know if he wants his home email broadcast here, so I'll email him and tell him someone is knocking at his door here.

Sorry guys, I have no idea what Don Parham was talking about. I haven't drawn anything, nor modified anything, let alone any suspension for landing gear.

Although I do have dreams of more, I'm (so far) a bolt-the-kit-together type of guy...

I spoke with Don Parham recently and he suggested that I contact Kevin Richey. He believes Kevin created drawings of his mod which is very similar to his.

Anyone know Kevin Richey and how to get in touch with him?

Tommy

Sorry Kevin,

It was someone in the Northwest with a single place gyro and I thought it was you. Maybe it was Larry Goodhind. I'm getting too old and absent-minded.

Hello Don...!
I swear, if I ever get back down that way towards Texas<by way of Canadian, Ok.>..I'm gonna ring Ya up for a visit...it would be a great delight for me to chew the fat with Ya.
Just saying HI from up here in Minne-snow-ta..!

I am also interested - read that, very interested - in Don Parham's RAF 2000 landing gear modification. Did anyone track down a set of drawings? Or where I can get the parts?

It would be great to have these, I think I've got the materials from someone that had this set-up but still don't have the drawings.

Thanks so much. Let me know what Don says. I am looking forward to installing the shocks on a stock RAF 2000 with a horizontal stab. Runway landings are fine as is, but grass or soft fields are murder with the stock gear!

Just a bump, has anyone found a set of drawings? This is something that I think a lot of RAF owners would be interested in but unfortunately they aren't made any more, if we can locate a set of drawings we can find someone to make these for us.

Cgmg has the Parham configuration with mods to the horizontal axle which was done by Greg Bradley. The axle pivots in the center. It would probably be easy to use heim rod ends

If you guys can get prints and permission from Don, I'de be happy to make parts!
I didn't see anything in the photos that would be to complicated.
Dennis

If you guys can get prints and permission from Don, I'de be happy to make parts!
I didn't see anything in the photos that would be to complicated.
Dennis

If we got permission and you'd be willing to make parts I'd buy a set from you. Was going to add this to my first RAF before I sold it.

I would be interested in some parts to make my parham suspension work. I bought some parts from stan, but the suspension was missing brackets and the center axel. If you are going to make parts, I'm in.I have apx 18 hours flying with my ex bro in law in his RAF with a parham suspension. I really like it! i don't quite agree on the landing characteristis of the stack RAF. I land in grass all the time and it works fine. maybe you need to bone up on your landing technique.

If you guys want to get together and come up with several sets they will be less expensive to make.

I don't mind if someone only wants one set.

Aircraft Spruce is a reputable supplier for aluminum stock and they are happy to sell a small amount.

If someone can Email a sketch, scan or .dxf cad file I can come up with a price.

If anybody has any questions you can P/M me.

Dennis

If we can get someone with it on their machine to take some pictures and measurements then we could probably find someone to make us some drawings.

landing gear

landing gear

If somebody wants to make these..I would like a set very much also..Jack
:yo::yo::yo:

Wayne Stargell just passed away, he was making some of Don Stuff. I have the Drawings for the Parham suspension on the Parsons design and also all the parts he made for my Parsons 2 place,witch is my next build.
the one picture that shows the top set up with the shocks attached is the same as the parsons set up. I have the top pieces already made, it looks like this is the only pieces that will be the same for the RAF set up. if anyone needs the copies of the drawings let me know.

drawings

drawings

I would love to see them...
Really like to wait until your system is complete and tested...
Hate to have to change design mid-project..
Jack:lalala:

gear kits

gear kits

Mike Stone...
If we can find somebody to make kits..would you be willing to loan your parts out for a while?:whoo::whoo::whoo:
thanks..jack