What is the world coming to (another political thread)

The idea that the sheeple of the US would ever have a revolution is laughable. It would also be met with such overwhelming and brutal force that it would last 3 minutes. People dont want to be inconvenienced. The slide down the slippery slope to repression is greased with the rhetoric of "authorities", and the "media" as the sleep walking public jostles for their place at the front of the "patriotic" line.

Anyone like the founding fathers is vilified and neutralized.

Ever Changing

Ever Changing

Not sure how problems with media coverage and the Jewish dilemma are related but just goes to show you, if it ain't one thing it's another. When you get things just the way you like them, some A-hole comes along and changes everything.

I like Jews, especially those with long wavy blond hair, gray/green eyes slightly slanted, shapely figures, tall, long legs and a gleaming smile; the other uglier Jews I don't like so much. I might like to BE a Jew, but not so interested to be Jesus.

As for media coverage!!! Its a business and profit is the goal. Controversy stirs interest and interest stirs profits. By the way, I am Jewish and my family threw me out at 18 .......... Seems not ALL Jews are treated equally.

Do you really think it matters who is elected? How many steps does it take to stop when you are running as fast as you can? The country has momentum and we live and die before it changes significantly. I am happy just to be here ......................... Thanks

Thomas . . .find the Land Lord and you will find The Boss!
It is a great plot, worth the time to reseach.
Heron

Thomas,

I was the one who said some stuff about the Jewish people because they are the ones that mostly own the large production companies, so I have heard.

I don't fault them one bit in this matter because if not them someone else would be there.

I am reading a book right now, (Isreal and America's Key to Survival) and it explains a lot of what is going on today, but was printed in 1981.

We Americans are indepted to the Jewish people more than we know.

If this problem our country is having right now happens to be bigger than Media folk we are in trouble.

If it's bigger and the media is being manipulted to push for Obama things are pretty bad.

Anyone else watch CNN and wonder why so many new ladies are doing the news now?

Where are all the male reporters that used to do these jobs?

I don't think they are in Iraq because Iraq media coverage, that segment has been somewhat slow lately.

And as for Revolution goes now days, they have outlawed all that.

Revolutoinaries are called Homegrown Terrorist now.

And you better not even think of becoming a terrorist here.

Much less a gyro flying one at that.

Last edited:
It seems to me from the post I see on the forum, that the whole country, in all of it's neatly sub-divided groups, has suffered a revolution of sorts, away from our original Declaration and Constitution.
I have previously warned of manipulation by a group that I refer to as the "Star Chamber" (not an original name attributal to me). The chamber is a small group of people who control the money, and thus control the country.
i Di vide and conquer, such a simple premise. One that I don't think too. many would disagree . It seems that it would be obvious that our country has been divided into so many groups, that none are representative of the whole.
We as a nation need to regroup. Find a cause, and work towards it.
How many of us have quit complaining as much about the price of gas now that it has gone down some. How many have accepted the high cost of home energy, because the rate increase was not as high as what was originally ask for. How many of us accept the two party system, because we see the futility in trying to start a third party because the rules and financing favor the current parties. How many of us have accepted our poor educational system, because it is the best money can buy, and will continue to pour more money into it?(And don't believe that no child left behind crap, they are grading against other schools of the same poor system). How many of us agree with our taxing systems?
The point is, not many of us agree with very much of this. What are we going to do about it? And how did it get this way?
Divide and conquer! Those who controll the money, controll the country and do manipulate you and me.

...You seem to live in turns out to be a dictatorship of a group of few...

Angelo, it's not a dictatorship if it's done with the consent of the people. We've been so comfortable for so long that a vast majority of the American people have ignored history, and have no clue how capitalism really works. Our government is corrupt because we are corrupt. It's one of the drawbacks of living in a society which has been so successful for so long. Nobody's motivated to learn how the world works.

A starting teacher in much of the US earns $25,000/year or less. It's very likely she has a pension plan which invests in oil company stocks. Yet, when Obama says he wants a windfall tax on corporate profits to provide a small income tax cut to the middle class, nobody questions why he's taking more out of their pensions than he's putting back in their paychecks.

By the way, this teacher also contributes to Obama's campaign through her union dues, and is the one who will teach our next generation how to get along in the world.

And you talk about liberal bias?

PW. Where did you get the figure of 25,000 for most starting teachers? And remember that the teachers in my local shool district only work about 165 days a year.

Having had the privilige of roaming the world and seeing how various pople live and their systems work over the last 40 years, you in the USA by no means have a perfect system, it is however as about as free and fair as it gets.

Be grateful for what you have. In an imperfect world I reckon you guys do pretty darn well.

JW, recent experience. In Florida, my ex-wife's starting pay was about $18K, but that was a few years ago. Starting pay in Portland, OR when I left a year ago was $22K (although it reaches $65K in "steps" over a period of years.) It's about $20K here now in Utah. Pretty tough for someone just starting to pay off student loans.

It may be more in other places, but even in Illinois I'll bet it's nowhere near the $250K Obama says is the threshhold for tax increases. Anyone with a 401K or mutual funds will get socked with windfall profit taxes on corporations. (Notice he doesn't propose reducing corporate taxes if they have a BAD year.)

Corporations pay NO taxes. That money comes from one of three places: (1) shareholder dividends, (2) cash reserves, such as those used for exploration and R&D, or (3) higher consumer prices. A corporation is nothing but a mechanism for sharing risk and profits among lots of individuals.

Millions of union members are being urged to vote for a guy who's essentially promised to lower the earnings of their pension plans. Pretty wacky!

jw wright and Paul,

Ok Ok not to take the thread off in the weeds but.

To help out a bit from personal experiences.

Yep teachers only make about 20G starting out.

By the time my wife got finnished with her degree she owed 50G student loans that no bankrupsy can wipe off.

A lot of people don't understand but teachers only get paid for the 165 or so days they work too.

They just choose to have their checks spread out over the summer months.

They don't get paid for working all year and they do not get unemployment benifits like everyone else.

When not working over the summer technically they are unemployed.

My wife has been teaching for elevin years and still only brings home $1800.00 a month after all the deductions.

She could have took up basket weaving for four years and would have knocked down a cool 60G a year working all the time.

But she chose to work in a field where she tries to teach kids that have absolutly no parental support at home.

I didn't believe her when she came home totally exausted every day at 5:30 so I signed up for a part time position filling in at local schools.

It didn't take me long to see that she was spot-on about how most parents think school is just a free babysitting place to dump their kids for part of the day.

She has sat a many a day, sometimes up to two hours, waiting for parents to show up to pick up their kids at the end of the day.

Most teachers do it because they love kids, want our world to be a better place, not for the money.

All I know is their ain't no way in heck I'm gonna do what they do for the peanuts they make.

I can mow yards out in the fresh air and sun shine and make way more than what they do.

Ask Ron, he mowes yards.

And as for the teacher unions, they are about as helpful to a teacher as an empty fire extinguisher.

All I have ever seen a teacher union do is be one more deduction from the paycheck.

Teacher unions don't even compaire to a Trade Union in any aspect of support for their members.

As for Obama, if that sucker wins your gonna see heck of a devided country for sure.

And if that sucker Obama doesn't win we are gonna see a devided country for sure.

I was standing in my front yard today talking with my Mother when one of my new neighbors(who I have never met) saw us and yelled "Cracker" just because we were outside.

How much more screwed up can our country get?

PS. You guys with grass runways better git ta plowin and a plantin. Foods gonna git kinda few and far in between.

Last edited:
It didn't take me long to see that she was spot-on about how most parents think school is just a free babysitting place to dump their kids for part of the day.

She has sat a many a day, sometimes up to two hours, waiting for parents to show up to pick up their kids at the end of the day.

It only takes half the parents in a typical class having a problem once a year to blow up in the face of the teacher on a regular basis- one kid in a class room who really shouldn't be there to disrupt four more kids on the border of those who should ... being a teacher today is one of the most difficult jobs on the planet and you won't see it get the "Deadliest Catch" treatment from the Discovery channel anytime soon (and you wouldn't want to anyway)

In my neck of the woods (Pacific Northwet) education and education funding is a perennial football. Education as a roll up line item takes up 60-70% of the state budget and it comes directly from property taxes- the single largest slice of state pie. If they try to close a school that is a third empty it results in the people who are still served by it going on a warpath that makes the base closing commissions seem tame. My family and friends are rife with educators from teachers to administrators- like your wife none of them are in it for the money and as a parent I really appreciate that they're there.

Thank you to your wife for teaching Mark and to you for making it possible for her to keep doing it.

Larry,

You are very welcomed.

It is my Wifes passion in life to teach and she has seen it all.

Her first job was teaching Non-Catagory(Non-Cat) Special Ed Pre School and she has also tought regular ed and now is a spark teacher.

It's not that she disliked any previous position but as she got more technology courses and computer science courses completed she had to move up.

She still cries every year when school ends because she has to let em go on to bigger things in life.

This class she is taking now is her last class for attaining her masters degree and she plans to continue as long as we can afford it.

I guess it's why I don't have a gyro sitting in my garage now. :)

But I have a nice enough boat that my whole family can enjoy and that's good enough for now.

I'm a happy, as long as it doesn't rain on me while I'm trying to sleep, kinda guy.

I just wish I had half the drive and passion she has for her proffesion.

And yes, just because I'm married to a teacher doesn't mean I don't have a few mis-speeled werds now and then!!!

Have a good weekend!

Last edited: