Deleted threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyromike

Administrator
Staff member
Aircraft
Bensen B8MG
Some of you may have noticed some of the more controversial threads have been deleted. They were getting out of hand with the politics, religion, and name calling. Todd has already posted that he would rather not see it on the Forum. But it tends to creep into a lot of threads and it gets ugly.

There are plenty of places on the internet to discuss these things. So why don't you do a Google search and find one next time you feel like debating or arguing. We don't need that stuff here.

Also, there's no point in starting up another thread to bitch about a previous thread getting deleted. It'll just get deleted too.

Thank you, being a moderator myself I know what you guys have to deal with.

Your such a hypocrite you posted on my Thread and was apart of the ugliness. Next thing you know your going to ban me for specking my mind about you. Your a bully and push your authority around to suit you.

Your such a hypocrite you posted on my Thread and was apart of the ugliness. Next thing you know your going to ban me for specking my mind about you. Your a bully and push your authority around to suit you.

WOW Tina you really need to act your age not your shoe size.

It's not the easiest thing to admin a web site thats why moderators are brought in, to assist in keeping the forum at a manner that is was originally designed for.
you are not the only one being singled out here, un-bunch the undies and step back from the keyboard for a bit. geeeeze

WOW... act your age not your shoe size, un-bunch my undies and your a moderator? Give me a break, it really seems there are some double standards here.

I am sure to get banned now, I got two moderators pissed off. Say good bye all :eek:

your a moderator? there are some double standards here.

yip,
sucks some times but thats life.

The job of a admin/moderator is to walk a thin line, and some people don't like the out come.

Wrong person!

Wrong person!

Hello Tina, in my opinion you are fighting with the wrong person.

Thank you, Vance

Fan-Bloody-Tastic !!!! Thanks Mike, Your'e my HERO !!!!!

No more guns !!!

No more Obama !!!

No more "shame on you" !!!

JUST PURE ROTARY WING "CANDY" !!!

Thanks again Mike.

All of the junk is why I have reduced my posting. Some on the forum will hang up on one word then go off to their own opinions.

by the way Merry Christmas.

Mike - Glad you and the other moderators are here stamping out the fires being set. These usually are started by the same people posting nothing positive in these off topic areas. I feel its fine seeing off topics, but several use these for their own hot topics, stuff that get many involved in a useless back and forth diatribe that NEVER changes the others opinions, but instead just reinforces my opinion that all these people really want to do is argue. I get sick of seeing such threads drawing us down as a group. My god.....I can only imagine what it would be like if you moderators didnt step in. This forum would really stink .....it has an unpleasant odor now, and that smell is only tolerable because we positive posters outnumber the negative ones. Keep up the good work of taking out the trash. Stan

Last edited:
Why not delete the "Off Topic."

Then delete ALL post that isn't directly related to the given subject.

Leon
(kc0iv)

I don't know . . .really I am not sure . . .maybe . . .
But that is the job of a moderator, but they have no time and skills to moderate so they close the thread, the next best thing.
Heron

I posted this last night and it sums up things up for you guys and gals that are confused on what happened.

And Tina, Scary Gary, you folks are skating on thin ice. Be thankful I do not have full moderator powers and can not ban you myself, Mike can though and I already had dropped some names to him yesterday, folks that need a little time out from the forum.

Originally Posted by Stoney
Terry,

Productive would be, IMHO, polite and intelligent discussion of topics rather than childish rants as some posters tend to get into with these threads.

With regard to hedonism.. What's wrong with taking some pleasure in life..
I try to ensure that I indulge myself on a fairly regular basis to keep my self well centered (not self centered!) All things in moderation. IS gyro flying hedonism as well? Should we table the idea of flying and instead whip ourselves while crying the lords name?

Take some advice and try to enjoy the life you are given and quit wasting time sniping at everyone else. You might be surprised to learn that you are not the only person on this forum with high moral values.

It seems to me that most of your posts( 768 in 7 months time) are designed to either degrade or inflame others rather than to provide information and enlightenment. Perhaps it's just me....but perhaps it's just you as well.

Stoney, my problem with Terry, and several others here, is they aren't doing much of anything productive to the forum... to the PRA.... or the gyro community at large. And a fair number of them don't even seem to be remotely on any kind of track to build or buy or fly a rotorcraft.

What they do seem to do quite well is jibber jabber on topics such as this one, that was really a topic that shouldn't be discussed here in the first place, and basically stir up trouble and further add to the cost of the forum in the form of additional bandwidth.

Also, I am sick of people throwing stones at me, and the other mods for how we do our job here. Newsflash, this is a private forum, your bill of rights do not extend to here. To come on here and make comments like the " Forum Nazi's " and to complain about how a mod is going to do something or has done something, is like being a guest at someones house and complaining that they don't want you swearing in front of the kids or putting your feet on the furniture. In all the various forums I particpate on, the only one I got myself in trouble on, I got banned for a month for publicly questioning a moderators actions, and I didn't say anything close to the stuff some of you guys have gotten away with saying.

The reason for this forum is to learn, share and promote our hobby. Not to discuss Obama or gay marriage, or whose God is the right God.

Why then do we have a off topic section? Because it is a good avenue for off topic items that our members might want to share. But within reason.

Chris posted a thread about his dogs having puppys.... Scott posts a thread about the new car he bought his wife.... I posted links to dirtbiking pictures or videos..... These are fine. These have nothing to do with rotorcraft, but these are also not topics that tend to pit people against each other. Plus a good portion of us are friends, friends that are also active members of the gyro or helicopter community. This is a great way for friends to share things in their lives with each other. But there is a limit to all this too....

Do you think GyroMike, Todd Powell, HobbyCad, and myself, don't have views on Obama or Guns, or gay marriage? Of course we do. But a line had to be drawn on what is okay and what is not okay, and for the good of the forum the line was drawn that that kind of stuff should be discussed elsewhere.

Were all adults, and we should all be somewhat smart adults. To the Terrys and Scary Garys and the Fritz's and the rest of you guys who find it most important to discuss these kinds of topics, Why don't one of you form a new forum, one for discussion of whatever you want, and I will do this for you.... I will see to it that we have a link here to redirect people to your forum if they want to discuss that kind of stuff. Heck I might even join in on some of your topics. But in the meantime, knock it off.

Leon- I think its better to have the Off Topic section for all the stuff people want to share that arent related to rotorcraft. There are more positive posts that would never be seen....and all we have to do is keep the ones that want to rant in a negative manner out.

Post positive stuff....stay in.....Positive posts get their round of high 5's....all the lurkers get to have various positive topics to sift through and enjoy. These typically have a short life...as people dont just keep slapping others on the back more than once in the same thread.

Post negative stuff...and the usual sides are taken....but these tend to take on a life of their own just because a few try to get the last word in...a typical back and forth diatribe of hot opinions....and no opinions changed is so common.....and it just many times reaches critical mass....and the moderator has to step in and lower the control rods to keep it from exploding. If not...the forum would be so busy with the few that want to argue...and give the whole forum a stink.

My woodworking forums are no exception. There are always ones that just want to stir up controversay....and they get in and try to get an argument going. I feel I just have to look at it this way.....I get so much good out of this forum...that the negative banter is the stuff you have to either jump over by not reading...or wade through....to get the pearls that are posted.

Stan

Stan

The English words “hysterical” and “hysteria” are derived from the Greek word “hystera,” meaning womb or uterus.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Mike and Ron keep up the good work. I have only been on here for a couple of years but I joined to read and learn. In the beginning I was leary about even asking any questions for fear of being verbaly abused for asking something stupid. But stupid questions are the only ones some newbies have. I feel that with a lot of the crap being deleted the new people will have more instructive things to read and feel less intimidated when they want to ask for help.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.