Welcome Mat

Welcome, Lance. I think we have a few forum members in NV. Plan on taking some vacation time at the end of the summer and go out to The Ken Brock Feedom Flyin held at El Mirage, CA.

I'm in San Diego right now and will be for the weekend. I will be a the Red Bull race. I think the gyro would bet them all.

Hi Tim, I enjoy your posts. I'm hpoing to get to El Mirage also. That was the first
intro to gyros about 20 years ago. Its often windy here so I'm about to give up on
fixed wing things. hope to see you there. Lance

Introduction

Introduction

I figure I've been lurking long enough to introduce myself. My name is Matt Michalski. I've been interested and accumulating knowledge about gyros for around 11 years. I have a private pilot rating but haven't flown in about 8 years due to family commitments. Now the kids are getting bigger and I'm building a new house on 50 acres with room for a runway. So, naturally it's time to think about flying again. I recently purchased Kandace's Gyrobee project. Unfortunately I probably won't make much progress on it until after I move in fall. Of course, training will come next too. I'll start asking questions about things soon. Thanks for all the great info and inspiration.

matt

I figure I've been lurking long enough to introduce myself. My name is Matt Michalski. I've been interested and accumulating knowledge about gyros for around 11 years. I have a private pilot rating but haven't flown in about 8 years due to family commitments. Now the kids are getting bigger and I'm building a new house on 50 acres with room for a runway. So, naturally it's time to think about flying again. I recently purchased Kandace's Gyrobee project. Unfortunately I probably won't make much progress on it until after I move in fall. Of course, training will come next too. I'll start asking questions about things soon. Thanks for all the great info and inspiration.

matt

Welcome Matt to the wounderful world of GYROs ;)

Greeting Matt
Glad to meet you, come on in were having a whole got of fun.
I'm one of the new kids too, but you have found a home of fun loving, very knowledgeable, and helpful, folks; did I mention fun!!!

More fun than should be legal!!!
Glad you are taking training, we will get to party in the future then.:welcome:

John

Hi-Diddlie-Doodlie Neighbors!

Hi-Diddlie-Doodlie Neighbors!

Hi all. I'm Jon Vos. I've been dabbling in gyrocopters for a few years now, but just now realized that, "Hey, there's a whole bunch of folks with a whole bunch of information floating around here on the forum... might as well stop and say hello!
Although it hasn't flown in roughly a year now, I'm the proud owner of what once was an Air Command powered by a Rotax 618, although it's been pretty heavily modified along the way.
I'm really looking forward to becoming an active member of the community around here. Hope you all are having a great day.

Hi all. I'm Jon Vos. I've been dabbling in gyrocopters for a few years now, but just now realized that, "Hey, there's a whole bunch of folks with a whole bunch of information floating around here on the forum... might as well stop and say hello!
Although it hasn't flown in roughly a year now, I'm the proud owner of what once was an Air Command powered by a Rotax 618, although it's been pretty heavily modified along the way.
I'm really looking forward to becoming an active member of the community around here. Hope you all are having a great day.

HI Jon I'm John Rountree, really glad you could join us. I haven't even gotten to fly one yet so very envious!
You have found a site with a lot of smart folks (about everyone but me) and quality answers that you won't believe!

Learned the most in the quickest period of time, so take off you shoes, get your favorite drink and be prepared to learn and laugh at the same time.

Welcome John!

Hi, everybody!
I'm Joe Rollings, from Rodeo, New Mexico. I might have been able to continue to ignore my urges towards building a gyro, but Macafee put in an ultralight airport right down the valley where I have to hear it and see it every day, so I feel my resolve slipping. I have wanted to build one since the Benson was king but a large family and self employment has kept the pressure on to keep my nose to the grindstone for the last 40-odd years. The 5 kids have moved on and my time is more mine than it has ever been, so this might be the time. Very fine site, and I have leared a lot just from reading. I'll have some (a lot of) technical questons for other sections, but for now, thanks for the site....Joe

Welcome Joe!!!!!

Great to have another new member! Rotorcraft have of way of affecting you as you describe.

So glad you have decided to actually live out your dream. None of us our getting any younger and you sound like you really deserve it!

I can't wait either, you should try and come to Mentone, where you can learn from the pros and you should see some of these guys fly, unreal and it look like to much fun!

Hello everybody

Hello everybody

Hello Everybody,
My name is Jans Fourie. I'm a cattle farmer in South Africa. I've been flying Gyro for almost 4 years now. I use the Gyro mainly in my farming operation to check waters, find cows etc. My farm is about 40 000 Acres, so the Gyro comes in very handy to get a quick look if everything is good. Other than working with the Gyro, I also love the flying and its kinda my "hobby" as well.
Rgds

Hello Tim, I fly a Magni M22 Gyro. I just got the Magni about a year ago. Before that, I had a Ela 07. Thanx for asking. Rgds Jans

Hi Everyone,

I'm Dave Olivares from Indianapolis, Indiana. I am new to the world of gyroplanes and have been reading a ton of information over the last few weeks.

I saw my first gyroplane while watching Modern Marvels on the History Channel and now I'm hooked.

I hope to take my first intro flight with Gary Goldsberry soon. After that, I'll be saving my money to get either a Dominator or a Monarch Butterfly.

Is the RAF with the Sparrowhawk conversion considered a safe & stable machine?

Thanks for all the great info contained in the site and I look forward to meeting you all.

Best Regards!

Welcome to the forum Dave. You can get a weath of information here. A good place to start looking for gyros and get good information is www.PRA.org. There are also several others to look at when you are ready to purchase such as www.gyronation.com and www.barnstormers.com (look through the experimental catagorie in the classifieds).

David the best advice you will get on this forum I will passalong... I say pass along because it was pased along to me....

before you run out and buy a machine that will lure you tofly it.... take lots of lessons. For the entire first year I took lessons (for 4 years) I asked my CFI how anyone could even think about flying one of these without training, His answer was that a lot of them are dead.

We need you healthy man!

That is very good advice. Some people buy the gyro first and then discover that they have a hard time affording the training or find that after a few lessons it's harder than they thought and lose interest. Also there are so many differant makes and models to choose from that it is best to spend a lot of time around them before making a decision on which one you want, there's nothing worse than having tosettle for what you have because you made too quick of a decision and later finding one that you absolutly love but already spent all of your money.

Hi everybody. My name is Marcus Wilhelm and I live in Connecticut. I have always been interested in gyros and even got as far as solo in a fixed wing however stuff happened. Is there anyone in CT that has and or instructs on gyros near here? I eventualy would like to build a 2 seater and any suggestions on an appropriate make and model would be great.

Thank you for the help

Marcus