Our Hornet's Home

Resasi

Gold Supporter
Aircraft
Gyrs, RAF 2000/Mgni/Bnsn/Hrnet/Mrlin/Crckt/MT-03/Lyzlle AV18-A/Prdtor. GT-VX1&2, Pax ArrowCopter
Total Flight Time
100+ gyro, 16,000+ other
Now going back and forth to Zephyrhills airport and our Gyro which is at Roy Freebergs hanger.
DSC01583.jpg

In the hanger with Gary's Dominator, Roy's Hornet, Greg Spicola's Red Rocket.
DSC01568.jpg

Our new trailer is almost finished, just the blade box/tube to be fitted.
DSC01569.jpg

It is a Harbour Freight model modded to take our wide wheel base.
DSC01570.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

Just before running the engine in looking at the new panel.
DSC01566.jpg

The guys who had the camera to record the run in accidentaly moved it to video. These unfortunately were unusable. We discovered this as I took to the taxiiway to do the taxy trials.
DSC01584.jpg

Hey you guys are lookin' good up there.

Shoot........................I'm going to have to get the guys together and have a hangar cleaning party. No wonder Greg won't come home.

And that's a great looking gyro!

Thanks Rick, I am really proud of what Stuart has done. He started knowing nothing of even the most basic metalwork and built her from scratch. We are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel having started in March of 2008.

I am so glad we met Roy he is a great guy, very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Him allowing us to join him there has been a lifesaver his advice is always good.

I like the airport and particularly the location right by the runway. Just love watching all the traffic as I am working.

Looking great

Looking great

Looks Great, Nice to see another Hornet getting close to completion.

That sounds like so much fun Leigh!
It is looking good!
Thanks for sharing the pictures too.

I had been meaning for so long to post bigger pictures John, got some catching up to do. I am hoping to take some from the Bensen when I get back to Rissington,

I had been meaning for so long to post bigger pictures John, got some catching up to do. I am hoping to take some from the Bensen when I get back to Rissington,
You guys rock can't wait to see that, I love being able to see shots from all around the World. How cool is that.

Leigh- You and your son are high caliber people.....its a real pleasure seeing you two being rewarded....and sharing with us.

Stan

Thank you kindly Stan. It's a great place to be, meet good people, keep in touch, get valuable information and enjoy our common passion.

It never fails to amaze me the varied talents and skills that forum members have and share with each other. What makes this place so special.

Way to go Leigh!!!! nice looking hornet. I am sure soon you will have her flying!!
good luck!!

Leigh how did that tail handle, did you see any problems with the design and responce from the tail.

Dan

Looks great you guys do great work.

Thanks Tim Giorgos and Dan.

Tim not many around so far, and all probably not quite what the plans depict but I have always thought of it as a rather pretty shape with the dropped keel and wide stance gear. I am hoping it will be as stable as Roy's.

Dan the tail seems to be handling well and since I have only been taxiing it is hard to say how responsive the gyro will be in flight however I do feel that it will be very effective.

I have just had an opportunity to see the prerotator being sent by Nicolas for us and it looks very good indeed. Can't wait. I we can achieve anything close to what Nicolas and Giorgos regularly get I will be very happy indeed. Nicolas has a very nice website which he has been working on. http://www.aviomania.com/

Leigh

It has been a pleasure watching you and your son pursue your passion. I wait in anticipation of your first flight and the pics that come with it.

Thanks Thom, a little time has passed since I went for that demo ride in an RAF and found it 'Irresistible'.

Have found great pleasure both with gyros and here on the forum with a great group of like minded people, while the project together with my younger son has been really great.

The elder always did like flying, in fact worked for me for a while. This project has give my younger son and I a tremendous opportunity to get together on the 'flying' get-together we never had, given me a new lease on life and get back into the air again.

My helmet cam is on the way, I got sucked into buying one in anticipation of being able to hopefully video us getting airborne one day instead of just dreaming about it.

Last edited: