Comtronics/Gel Ear Seal Question

Alan_Cheatham

I recently purchased a used Comtronics Ultra-Pro 2000 helmet that I need to put gel ear seals on. Comtronics sells gel ear seals but they are a little pricey so does anyone know if the generic versions that can be found on Ebay will work with the 2000?

Can you take a photo of the comtronics headset without the earseal on it, I might be able to help

Al, $30 bucks and worth every penny of it. I had them in my old helmet and now in my new one. They hold up in all weather and dont become brittle & crack like the foam filled ones. They seal better and keep more noise out. I dont have to turn up the radio as loud either and that equates to hearing protection. Why risk your hearing for a few $$???

Al, $30 bucks and worth every penny of it. I had them in my old helmet and now in my new one. They hold up in all weather and dont become brittle & crack like the foam filled ones. They seal better and keep more noise out. I dont have to turn up the radio as loud either and that equates to hearing protection. Why risk your hearing for a few $$???

Mark,

I agree with your comments but if a cheaper gel ear seal will work just as well why spend the extra money for the Comtronics, that is what I am exploring. Also, I worked for a hearing aid manufacturer for 18 years so I am keenly aware of the need for proper hearing protection. I'm not trying to be cheap just frugal.

Ok, here are the pictures of the Comtronics helmet ear seals.

Attachments

• IMG_4158a.JPG
    IMG_4158a.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4163a.JPG
    IMG_4163a.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4168a.JPG
    IMG_4168a.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4173a.JPG
    IMG_4173a.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4177a.JPG
    IMG_4177a.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4180a.jpg
    IMG_4180a.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
Dang you got big ears!

Dang you got big ears!

Nope, not big ears just big pictures and it's stock Comtronics stuff. The problem is the center opening is 1-1/2" wide which narrows and flattens as the foam of the seal is compressed leaving my ears squished against the speaker grill, starts to hurt after awhile. I also wear glasses so I was looking for a gel replacement.

I recently purchased a used Comtronics Ultra-Pro 2000 helmet that I need to put gel ear seals on. Comtronics sells gel ear seals but they are a little pricey so does anyone know if the generic versions that can be found on Ebay will work with the 2000?

I bought a set of gel ear seals from Bear Perkins (http://www.bearperkins.com/accessories.htm) for $22 and they work great.

I just peeled off the old ones and stuck on the new ones. Took about one minute.

Ditto on Bears ear pads, Laura bought them and loves them.