PRA on myspace?

WingNut

I am guessing that most people here don't use myspace, but I was wondering if the PRA has a myspace page. Figured it could be free advertising and couldn't hurt...

Last edited:
I won't use myspace.
But I'll guess I'll have to join now because the free adverting you just suggested is too tempting to pass up!
Great idea Brian!
I'll bet the BOD will agree too!

Is there anyone with a myspace account now that would set this up for us if we supply the copy to post?

Actually I was thinking the same thing but for Facebook. I have an old MySpace account that I really don't use much anymore but I can if you need me to. I can also take care of adding it to Facebook as well.

If you can get approval and send me what you would like posted I can add it to both. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Kim

Actually I was thinking the same thing but for Facebook. I have an old MySpace account that I really don't use much anymore but I can if you need me to. I can also take care of adding it to Facebook as well.

If you can get approval and send me what you would like posted I can add it to both. Just let me know.

Thanks,
Kim
I'll request permission right now and start writing something!
Thank you Kim that would really help!

Last edited:
LOL! I guess Ed was right and I have to change my name from "Freebird's Wife" because everyone just sees the "Freebird" and thinks it is Rex.

John when I went onto Craigslist I noticed there was a spot that gyros would fit right in if someone wanted to.

Good Idea JR!
Keep them coming folks!!!

Ah yes, facebook is a better idea, more people use that now-a-days. I seen a gyro group on there, but no PRA. I found the PRA and this website by the free advertising that Tim Chick does with the video's on youtube. I wouldn't have had a clue of this community if it had not been for that.

I'll request permission right now and start writing something!
Thank you Rex that would really help!

You have permission John.

Setup a new account, send the user/pass info to me and I will post it to the BOD.

You have permission John.

Setup a new account, send the user/pass info to me and I will post it to the BOD.

This BOD rocks, I don't think I've ever heard a NO yet?

OK Tim I'll write up the rough drat and email it for approval.

Thank you!

@Rex after you setup PRA's accounts will you PM Tim O with the link and info they need to sign in etc.?
I'll send you the copy by tomorrow morning at the latest, if I can get it written an approved that quickly. I needed one more task today, just so there is a little pressure? Yea right, but I never turn down free advertising, way to go guys!!!

Last edited:
@Rex after you setup PRA's accounts will you PM Tim O with the link and info they need to sign in etc.?
I'll send you the copy by tomorrow morning at the latest, if I can get it written an approved that quickly. I needed one more task today, just so there is a little pressure? Yea right, but I never turn down free advertising, way to go guys!!!
John read again it is from Rex's wife.

John read again it is from Rex's wife.
Thanks Tim I'm going 600 miles a hour here.
I know Kim she's a friend of mine and she'll forgive me, sorry Kim!:hail:

Believe me I know who does all the real work in a family? Now I'm really in trouble.

Last edited:
That's OK. We do everything together anyway! ;-)

I'll get everything setup tonight and send a PM.

Thanks,
Kim
See, she already did! Sorry about the stupid male humane trick!

Here's the copy I've written so far any help greatly appreciated.

PRA – Myspace, Facegbook and Craigslist etc. Advertizing links.

Greetings, we are The Popular Rotorcraft Association, which we like to call just "PRA," we are a non-profit organization. We’re really a group of like minded people that is trying to foster, promote, and popularize education in rotorcraft among its members and the general public. We also have published “Rotorcraft” magazine for over 45 years. We have a wealth of information to share with you.

Towards this end we would like you to join us. We enjoy teaching how to select a stable safe design and how to tell the difference and we love to make it easy for you to learn to fly, buy, or build any type of rotorcraft.

We can really help you soar like an eagle at the lowest cost to you. If you have an interest in building, flying, or socializing with folks who can do it all (It’s a party really!).

Please join us in more fun that should be legal!

[Then a link to PRA Join Page. =] http://pra.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114&Itemid=54

---End---

Can we post pictures?
Are these pages html pages or just text only?

yep, pics and video can be posted.
Oh that is great news I'll post a Tim Chick Video and pictures and links.
Hang on Kim I switched hats to this! I love free advertising.

John,

I thought I would pull off some photos from Mentone to add to the page and if anyone else has photos or videos they would like to add all they have to do is PM me with the link and I'll get those added too. The more info we can add the better.

Also, as soon as I have it setup I will post here because we need people to join ASAP. That way when people see it they can see that it has lots of "friends"!

Thanks!
Kim