582 Armature

jcarleto

Aluminum Supporter
Aircraft
Beech Bonanza G-35 N4638D/"The Bulldozer" 2-Place Gyroplane N575EE
Total Flight Time
Several
This is a "feeler" post for a friend of mine who has a shorted charging coil on the armature of his 582. He's looking for a core from which he can salvage an armature.

If you have one for sale, let me know and I'll pass it along. If this is a really bad idea, also let me know and I'll pass the reasoning along.

Thanks!

This is a "feeler" post for a friend of mine who has a shorted charging coil on the armature of his 582. He's looking for a core from which he can salvage an armature.

If you have one for sale, let me know and I'll pass it along. If this is a really bad idea, also let me know and I'll pass the reasoning along.

Thanks!

Will one off a 503 substitute?

The stator assembly is the same for the 447, 203, 582, and 618 according to the parts book.

Yes, Ray..they seem to be all the same except that this is a DCDI setup. The non-CDI and single ignition assemblies are a bit different. I think a DCDI stator assembly from anything 447-618 will work. I've seen the 503 "innerds" and they look identical (as well as having identical part numbers).

Yes, Ray..they seem to be all the same except that this is a DCDI setup. The non-CDI and single ignition assemblies are a bit different. I think a DCDI stator assembly from anything 447-618 will work. I've seen the 503 "innerds" and they look identical (as well as having identical part numbers).

Okay I have it my hand. There are two sets of points and there are three coils. One rather large one and the one a medium size and one slim one.
All of it is mounted to a plate that has a number 1 217 032 247 all made in Gemany.
I'm pretty sure it is from a single ignition. But wouldn't the charging coils all be the same?
You're welcome to it.

Ray,

I'll try to check the part number. Any chance of a picture?

Ray,

OK, apparently that German stator only works with the points-type single ignition. The one we need is the Italian Ducati model. I do thank you for your interest and effort.

Um...I just noticed the way you worded that "Borrow MY camera BACK from my daughter." I'm not sure how that sort of lending arrangement works, but I have heard it is fairly common these days. :)

Stator pictures

Stator pictures

Here are three photos of the stator unit.
My camera is back but the operator (me) is having trouble getting a focused picture.
I need a new one.

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 0
  • side1.JPG
    side1.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
  • side2.JPG
    side2.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 0
Yep...thanks Ray, but that's not it. I'll post a picture of the beast in this thread when we pull it apart again.

Spare for my 503

Spare for my 503

Yep...thanks Ray, but that's not it. I'll post a picture of the beast in this thread when we pull it apart again.

It was given to me in case I needed a spare for my 503.
So back on the shelf.

I wish you good luck finding one.

I have a GOOD one off a 503 DCDI, $250 and no shipping.
Fly Safe,
John

Thanks, John. I'll mention it to him, but I think he already bit the bullet for a new one.