Wednesday Mentone Report

barnstorm2

Platinum Member
Aircraft
2-place Air Command CLT SxS (project), & Twinstarr Autogyro
Total Flight Time
750+hrs and climbing
Brent, Connie and I arrived about 5pm in our Twinstarrs.

LOTS and LOTS of ships and people here for Wed!!! Hangars are almost full.

Carter Copter jump takeoffs are VERY cool.

Wireless internet is working well although there are some dead zones.

Public Access computer is setup (that is what I am typing to you now on).

Rick and I plan to work on the internet camera tomorrow after flying.

Xenons are filling the skys, UFO's and more.

Late nite hanger chat is going strong and I want to get back to it so here are a few photos until tomorrow!!

Attachments

• MentoneWed 002.jpg
    MentoneWed 002.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 012.jpg
    MentoneWed 012.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 013.jpg
    MentoneWed 013.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 014.jpg
    MentoneWed 014.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 017.jpg
    MentoneWed 017.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 018.jpg
    MentoneWed 018.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 019.jpg
    MentoneWed 019.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MentoneWed 021.jpg
    MentoneWed 021.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
I was talking to JazzenJohn from the forum at the hangar, and he said most of the gyro folks here at Mentone have been here since Monday.

This is my first time here, and I'm very impressed with the turnout for a weekday. It's been fun seeing Steve McGowan tearing up the sky with Ol' Black again, Stan Fosters SparrowHawk is even nicer than it looks in his photos, and they say the UFO may be able to fly before week's end.

I've seen my first Magni, my first TwinStarr, and Rusty's gonna jump the Carter machine in the morning. This is great!

UFO Flew today (thursday) but I missed it. Heard it was pretty loud.

I watched the UFO fly. It was loud. I heard that Gary Goldsberry road in it so maybe he will give a report.

Mike

This has been a very busy and diverse convention. The LSA Repairmans class is over. No word on pass / fail ratio.

We have had a Magni (Italy), Sycamore (So Africa), Xenon (Poland) and UFO (New Zealand) fly here at Mentone so far. That's a pretty good international representation.

A lot of people are asking where Larry Neal (Butterfly) and Jim Vanek (Sportcopter) are.

We have a Barnett, Soma, Carter jump gyro and a Monster gyro rounding out the "unusual" fleet.

I will try to make tomorrow "Camera day".

Finally have arrived!

Finally have arrived!

After a LONG and arduous trip, full of unwanted surprises, Belle and I have arrived Thursday evening around 9 PM.

Thanks to Jennifer, she got us into our RV slot without much difficulty.

Looking forward to a lot of catching up with everyone Friday and Saturday!

Ed and Belle Newbold
Columbus, OH
RV Slot 33 at Mentone

Tom Milton say's / We have had a Magni (Italy), Sycamore (So Africa), Xenon (Poland) and UFO (New Zealand) fly here at Mentone so far. That's a pretty good international representation.

Tom This Is Great News! We need that LIGHT. Way to go PRA.
Glad everyone is having a Good Time. Safety First, Fun to follow, FLY FLY FLY. MJ :)

This is one to miss for sure!
It sounds like a treshold (maybe another word) and feels like we are holding short to take the runway.
Heron

Looking forward to a lot of catching up with everyone Friday and Saturday!

Ed and Belle Newbold
Columbus, OH
RV Slot 33 at Mentone

Hi Ed,

Enjoy the activities and give my best to the other RAF'rs. :D

I don't know who else is available, from the forum, that is in attendance, but I was hoping that maybe all the RAFs in attendance could be assembled in say, a semi circle and a picture or two made for posting and maybe for the PRA Mag.

Whadda ya think?!

Hoping y'all really enjoy the "GATHERING."

Cheers :)

Tom,

Larry Neal had no plans to attend Mentone this year. He felt he needed to be at home and work hard to get caught up on his back log. He told me he was turning over the showing off his machines to his builders. I plan to have mine finished and be there next year but there was no way to get it done in time for this year. I still have a long ways to go, but it will be worth it.

I was under the impression they would be moving the Sport Copter from Oshkosh to Mentone and it should be there. Maybe they ran into some kind of problems. I sure wish I was there. Have fun without me. (this time)

Gyro Doug

I'm Here too.

The RAFs are here in force. I have counted 11 or 12 so far. We are represented the most and the company is kaput. I have ridden with Stan Foster and his Sparrowhawk and Steve Osborn in his modified H/S RAF. Hope to take a ride with Larry Boyer Saturday AM. This PRA convention is really great. I have met so many like minded people that love gyros it keeps my head spinning. Weather has been great and the humidity not too hot. The trip to Rochester for Breakfast was great. Boy do they know how to feed a guy. Harry you would be proud of the RAFrs. We miss see you here. Maybe next year. Lots of cutting up the air around here. Steve M, Stan F Gary Goldsburg, Chris Burgess, Jim Logan, Duane Hunn, Ed Newbold, Gary Brewer, are all great in person. Much better than on the forum altho here I have met or read most of them. Ron Menzie arrive here today/. I haven't had time to take many pics but I will post those I have this coming week.

Thom,
Take lots of photos. If you're flying take some flying photos. Otherwise we'll never believe there are that many RAF's actually flying. ;)

I'm Here too.

The RAFs are here in force. I have counted 11 or 12 so far. We are represented the most and the company is kaput.

It may be too late now Thom, but I hope someone took my suggestion and arranged the RAFs for a group photo. If not...

Maybe I'll have to appear next year, with my "Walkin' Tall Stick" and arrange those lovely machines for a photo. :whip: :peace: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Cheers :)

I don't think the RAF's got a group photo. It would have been alot of work getting everybody together all at the same time. There were as many as 5-6 in Duanne's section of the hangar, several more in the main hangar, several on the flightline, and, almost always, some flying.