New Ammo Laws

What? no good American made rifles?
That is just non-American . . .AKs??
If you want to go crazy at least be patriotic, by someting domestic and help the country bounce back.
Heron

Hmmmmm, Maybe lawmakers need to hear this~!

Hmmmmm, Maybe lawmakers need to hear this~!

Doctors vs Gunowners

Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S.. Dept of Health and Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do..'
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

I got this one in a email.. No links to back up the data, sorry,,,

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What? no good American made rifles?
That is just non-American . . .AKs??
If you want to go crazy at least be patriotic, by someting domestic and help the country bounce back.
Heron

Buy an American made Armalite and help the economy.

Attachments

• ar18.jpg
    ar18.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
Timchick

Timchick

OUTSTANDING!!!! Old school cool! one of my personal favorites. Have you played witht he new Sig 556? It's almost an Armalite 180 with a few twists.
I bought one and SBR it for my wife cause I couldn't bear the idea of her shooting up my minty Sterlingworth plus it takes AR mags with no mods.
Ben S

Already have S&W, Henry, Marlin, Ruger, One from Heron's country--Taurus,
Etc.
Diversity is a good thing when it comes to firearms. :)

Attachments

• diversity750.jpg
    diversity750.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
They are all good!
SIG is not worth the extra money, but it is a great pistol.
Taurus are either Berettas or S&Ws, the small 9 mm black with gold trims is a jewell.
Good thing to know:
how many guns owners die from gun shot wounds per year?
Down here the score is 50 thousand deaths per year from firearms, kinda gets your attention doesn't it?
Invest in education, it will pay off later on.
Heron

how many guns owners die from gun shot wounds per year?

More pragmatically would be how many people live because they were armed and criminals were afraid to assault them? Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. In the mean time a lot can happen and it without a gun to protect you, none of what can happen is very good.

Kennesaw Georgia

Kennesaw Georgia

About 10 years ago made it LAW that said EVERY Household inside the city limits would have a fire arm.

In less that a year the burglaries and crime on it's citizens dropped to almost nothing.

THEY "MAY Not kill you", but I'll sure as hell give you something to think about next time.

Here's a couple more for ya.

Attachments

• gun-free2.jpg
    gun-free2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SNF0312C_gun_380_570587a.jpg
    SNF0312C_gun_380_570587a.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
Already have S&W, Henry, Marlin, Ruger, One from Heron's country--Taurus,
Etc.
Diversity is a good thing when it comes to firearms. :)

And variety adds spice:

Attachments

• variety the spice of life.jpg
    variety the spice of life.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
These two youg men are riding their bikes along and going to the Military Police Academy, good students, close to graduation.
They are packing.
Two motorcyclist robbers come along and call the hold up!
Guns are produced, the guy in the front is shot in the back not expecting the reaction, the other returned fire and hell brakes loose.
On bad guy dead, one on the run, two policemen in the hospital with no life treatening wounds. One great mechanic and father of two, young guy, inside a bus going to work is dead from a stray . . .funny how lost bullets have a homing device for heads!
Lots of people on the ground, broken glass all over the street.
One of the police took a bullet in the jaw, from a pretty close range, lucky man.
Now here´s the stat: one gun owner dead, two, probably three hurt and one inocent dead.
I love guns, just dont like the side effects . . .
Heron

Heron- Can you imagine the open season the crooks would have if us law abiding citizens didnt have guns? Just wondering if a household is armed or not is a deterent.l

STAN

Yeah Stan, I am right in the middle of it! Been shot twice already and never returned fire.
The times I had the opportunity to use my S&W with 15 rounds in it effectively I did not have it with me.
You are not safer because you own a gun. Returning fire is a two edged sword and can mess up more than fix the problem.
If you like guns and want to have it, no problem, just get training and a permit. If you are in a hazardous area or job, be always prepared to used wisely.
Down here, with no gun culture, very few people have, carry and know how to use this kind of weapon, the vast majority, outside law enforcement, are the bad guys. Now the law is there, but the means to enforce it are not!
The gun bravado is just silly, it is ingrained in your history and culture, danger comes from that!
There are no gun toting heroes in our history, just bad guys!
Now . . .think a little . . .how does a country raise to the top of the list in the Globe without having a significant army? How do you keep a peaceful nation calm with all the carnage that is going on?
You were made to be who you are, with a purpose, wanna keep doing that? Have fun then . . .
Heron

THIS http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/story?id=3899236 is in the new 'stimulus' package, just passed by the congressional 'enemies of freedom'.

I don't believe it has passed.

It is H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. This bill was introduced in the 111th Congress by U. S. Rep. Bobby Rush (D IL) on Jan. 6, 2009. Failing to attract any co sponsors, it was referred for consideration to the House Committee on the Judiciary, where it now rests awaiting further action.
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:42:46 AM

Two days ago the NRA called. Never paid much attention to the NRA except stayed at the Whittington Center camp ground near Raton NM when I was looking at coals on Turner's ranch. (NRA & Turner share a fence line on the Vermjo Ranch).

I joined and payed for 5 years. None of my friends are NRA members.

But two good friends recently purchased guns will large clips. A little surprised I asked each friend how long they had been looking at such guns. Both said about the same thing...November.

I like the Varmiter, but these are backordered for 6 months. Although I am open to ideas as we do have a local gun dealer.

Trez, They will make another pass at it, but gun owners would have killed the Spendulus package.

Last edited:
I like the Varmiter, but these are backordered for 6 months. Although I am open to ideas as we do have a local gun dealer.

Not sure I understood correctly..... are you looking for a good choice of all-around fun/serious piece?
I have three Ruger Mini14 s and have been 'in love' ever since getting my first one. What a sweet shooter.........
Lock and load...........
Trez

Not sure I understood correctly..... are you looking for a good choice of all-around fun/serious piece?
I have three Ruger Mini14 s and have been 'in love' ever since getting my first one. What a sweet shooter.........
Lock and load...........
Trez

Trez, Is yours the Ranch Rifle? Accurate? Looks like there are some 3rd party barrels.

I was just thinking about calling my distant cousin whom I have not spoken with for many years. Googled and noticed he just contracted a few Beretta Model 92FS pistols. Before this gig he worked for Bob Dole. Small world.