really short video taking off in the gyrobee

As much as I am a grudge holder I am also somewhat a peace loving guy deep inside. (hey I even reached out to HobbyCad! And that took a lot out of me....... ROFL). I am glad you are flying since it's my old Bee mostly. Be careful and educate yourself as much as you can. Don't get too cocky and and preflight the damn thing like as if your life depended on it. Be safe out there.

thanks gab its nice to see your friendly side, You don't have to put up the macho man front! :boink: your wife won't leave you :D my camera skills need work. :eek:

As much as I am a grudge holder I am also somewhat a peace loving guy deep inside. (hey I even reached out to HobbyCad! And that took a lot out of me....... ROFL). I am glad you are flying since it's my old Bee mostly. Be careful and educate yourself as much as you can. Don't get too cocky and and preflight the damn thing like as if your life depended on it. Be safe out there.

Attachments

• 000_1556.JPG
    000_1556.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
Camera is always a hit and miss. I have made so many videos for the students to study at home our flights. Some came out good some were useless. So it's always pretty much a crapshoot. Keep making them and use the ones that turn out good and ditch the bad ones.

I couldn't figure out where your camera was mounted Jeff, but there seemed to be as much bounce in the air as on the ground. Is this due to the camera mounting or is the gyro vibrating that much? Seems to have decent performance with that 447....

its mounted to the right side of my seat kind of homely with some 1/16" aluminum, I need to work on my mount. my shorts were blowing around alot maybe thats why you think there was vibration? everything seems pretty smooth. I try to hold 35mph on the hall for best climb, at one point I felt a upwards lurch in the seat and I swear the asi was reading 50 mph.

I couldn't figure out where your camera was mounted Jeff, but there seemed to be as much bounce in the air as on the ground. Is this due to the camera mounting or is the gyro vibrating that much? Seems to have decent performance with that 447....

Good to see your first efforts. Keep posting them it's always nice to see people getting airborne and producing their vids. They will get longer and better with practice.

Not sure shorts flapping would have produced that much shake though.

It is the camera mount. If you watch closely his foot on the pedal is steady the camera is flipping side to side. Jeff a nice rubber mount and a closer location to the frame would cure the problem. The further you are from your frame it will act like a tree limb in the wind. You have a virtual arm and the shake gets distributed and exaggerated through your seat. Just a tip :)

Get you a better camera!:D Looks good. Get one of your buddies to shoot some video from the ground of you taking off and landing. Yea don’t forget to preflight. One of my rotor blades was missing the other day. Good thing I preflighted or I might not have noticed.

Camera mounting is a problem for me on my gyro. The rotor shake is enough to mess with it. Leg and head mounts are aggravating. Right now I am just shooting some stills every now and then. They seem to capture more than just flying footage

Congratulations RedBaron, Well done, I take it you landed as well? :D

Re Camera, try adding mass to the camera and hang from point close to the centre of gravity by a soft mount. You should be able to fine tune the mass and mount to get a suitable image.

Keep up the good work.
Be safe.

Cam.

unfortunately I hit a a new gyro altitude record and I'm stuck in space, I was wearing my scuba diving gear at the time so I could breath in the thin atmosphere! I'm typing from my cell phone! :lol:
seriously tho my mount just needs sum beefin up.

Congratulations RedBaron, Well done, I take it you landed as well? :D

Re Camera, try adding mass to the camera and hang from point close to the centre of gravity by a soft mount. You should be able to fine tune the mass and mount to get a suitable image.

Keep up the good work.
Be safe.

Cam.

Last edited:
That isnt the first time you ever flew a gyro is it? It looked like that thing was being beat up pretty good from the conditioin of the ground but I dont know what kind of field you are flying out of. Grass? Rough? Rolled? Mowed? cant tell. And how long was that field in the video?