Advanced Rotor Designs Debuts New Hyd Brakes & Wheels at Mentone!

Rick Whittridge

Gold Member
Aircraft
Bensen B8-M
Coming to Mentone? Stop by my Booth & see the newest Hyd brake system availible on the market today! A complete setup with wheels & tires at a affordable price.

That was very informative.:)

Sorry Guys, I just got these brakes together on SAT Aug 1. I`m getting loaded for Mentone & can`t take any photos yet. I will be showing these at Mentone & will get some photos of them & post them as soon as i can.

In my opinion they look even better in person and they were nice to touch and hold.

I found them to be tidy, compact and light.

Thank you for your efforts Rick and congratulations on getting elected to the board.

Thank you, Vance

Most excellent in deed!!!! You Rock!

Question Rick...

What do you figure the whole Axle, Caliper, Hub combo weighs?
(4:00x6)

They sure look great!
Those photos are tempting my wallet just now...Lol.

M-M

Mike , I have not weighed the brake kit yet but I will & get back to you when I do. Thanks for your interest!

Hi Rick

Any plans on producing this arangement in the size wheel that is most common on the Dominator?
Tony

Tony, Im glad you asked! I had several people ask me that same thing at Mentone. I know the Dominator use wheel Barrow Steel wheels & the axle is a weldment to the landing gear. So what size are the wheels & tires & axles?

Hi Rick

I think the axles are the same, 5/8 but I don't own a dominator although I think the tires are 4.00 by 8.00. That's what I have on my tractor I'm building, I think they are aluminum Azuza spoked, with no brakes. I read here on the forum some time back about a incident where one of the rims split, so I'm looking around, really like the brakes set up on yours.

Tony

Tony, I will do some measuring & see if I can make up a kit in that size. Thanks for your interest!

Rick, I've been 18 years piddling with this tractor gyro and am now about to get it on the maingear, I've spent so much time and money on it that it is probably somewhere between illegal and obscene, and have reached the point that if I want rhinestone hub caps on it that's what will be on it. Your wheels look like top drawer !

Tony

Well Mentone is over with & I`m almost rested up from the trip, So I would like to thank all those that stopped by to see My new brake kits & other parts that I offered there & All the interest here on the forum.. All the kits that I had with me have been sold to some of my lucky customers. Now the next batch of kits will be ready to ship the end of next week so if anyone wants one please give me a call or PM Me & I will be glad to take care of you in a timely manner.
Advanced Rotor Designs
937-878-2598

Rick, is this the same wheel as the Black Max ? What does the outside look like? is it spokes or spun alum.?

My wheels are spun alum polished on the outside edge. I have not got any pictures of the 4" yet but will post some when I assemble one next week for display.

Hi Rick

How does the caliper anchor to the main gear leg?

Tony