Bet you can't hold your head still while you watch this

Wow pretty intense. You got a really good pass at the beginning just to be held up by that guy that got stuck right front of you! I don't know Ron. This is way too intense :)

True. Right after the bridge the guy with the green bike across the way? Why not move the bike off the track? Well. I don't know Ron. You have good reflexes for sure!

Ron have to say you were right about the head, leaning this way and that. Pretty impressive.

Prefer my flying about a foot higher, and all the time.

Ron
Is that motocross or Enduro.
Brings back the ol yesterday for me.
Thanks

Makes me wonder how many riders are hurt on each lap….constant split decisions on which path to take or which tree to hit…….Ron….you are not right!

That is called a Harescramble race. Simular to a enduro but different in that you all start at the same time with the engine off, and race non stop for 2-4 hours depending on what track it is.

Enduros you start with the running engine, and start in small groups, and ride sections and then stop.... you might ride a 8 mile section then get to stop for 5 minutes, then start again on a new 15 mile section, then stop for lunch break, then ride the next section and so on and so forth.

Motocross is done on a track usually in a open area ( no trees ) with a bunch of turns and jumps. MX tracks usually aren't more than a mile long if even that long.

Harescramble courses are just trails in the woods, and are usually 6-10 miles long.

Every race there is always people getting hurt. Usually it is minor scrapes and bruises, but at times someone will get seriously hurt. They have medical teams at the races to respond to a accident if need be. Last year at a race I was at, the leader in my class ran wide on a turn and went off a embankment into a creek, head first, and got a concussion. He was able to walk upstream to where some spectators were at and he passed out..... they ended up calling in a helicopter and flying him to the hospital. He is okay now, but he was messed up pretty good for a few days after that race.

Ron- I am getting to be a big fan of your cycle racing. Where do I pay for this free entertainment? ha I was leaning and tightening my muscles watching this. I about hit a dozen trees,...and felt like both sides of me were skinned by branches.

I am popping some corn next race.

Thanks for entertaining this ol man. ha

Stan

Pod racing. That is what it reminds me of. Star wars, episode 1 pod-racing. This is really great stuff, I admire your courage. Are there many injuries?

Kai.

Ron, in the first video all I could think of was, "Too many people, too many trees!" I have an old 1977 Yamaha 500 XT Enduro four stroke. If I was racing with you I would just wait until everybody left the line and take a leisurely trail ride at my own slow pace.

4 wheelers are fun too ron, I rode with some friends near a sand pit and it was a blast, 4 wheelers can pull gees lol! I was a die hard dirt bike guy till I took that trip! :)

It wouldn;t be as much fun all alone in the back!

True, but that way I would not be providing traction for some other guy's (or gal's) knobby! I have managed to get through 60 years without any broken bones and only a few stitches. At my age, I'm not pressing my luck. I do plan on doing some rebuild work on the Yamaha and go trail riding with two of my boys, but we won't be busting chops, just riding dirt roads for fun, probably in the Okefenokee swamp area near the Florida/Georgia border. I hope you continue to have fun racing and it looks like you are good enough to avoid being traction for other folks in a mud hole.

Don Loftus
Gainesville, FL

Damn!:first: Had to watch that all the way through! Loved it, and it's great quality video too...... those trees look very, very hard, and very close together.

And that was only one lap? You are fit, man, and must have nerves of steel!

.:rolleyes:..... but another point .... don't you think it is irresponsible behavior to ride like that and to post it on the internet?

What if there was an accident, it would surely bring every branch of motorcycling into disrepute, and spoil the sport for everyone! Would it not be far better to simply post video from a GoldWing cruising along an extremely straight highway? (at the speed limit)?

(Just kidding mate!) :boink::lol: