Hooray!!!!.............I passed inspection!

Ron R

I had my inspection today and I PASSED!. I have to admit, it was a little iffy for a while, but the DAR did a fine job and helped me through all the muck that is necessary. The gyro itself was in prime shape, just needed a label or two that he required so it was good that I took my label maker to make any that was needed. It was also good that I took just about every tool I owned. Just for the record folks, if you are still having your data plate engraved, and you get to the part where it says: builder.....IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU!!!! It actually means the manufacturer!!!! I had to erase the plate with a Dremel tool, and scribe the manufacturers name with a sharp, fine point tip. Also, the paperwork must be precise! THAT'S the part that almost tied me up. All the months of work in sweltering heat, and freezing cold finally paid off. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this ordeal and anytime I can help anyone of you, let me know! Ron Rittenhouse

I am really happy for you Ron R. I went thru it last year in December 06. This month I'm working on my condition INSPECTION. Yea. I think she is going to fly again. She has been grounded since Dec 13.

Ron Do you have any pics. I know I would also like to see that Beauty.

Fill it in

Fill it in

Why would you engrave the plate?
\
for a few bucks you could get a set of stamps and hammer it out yourself.

Well if you were not the mfg then who was ?

I had my inspection today and I PASSED!. I have to admit, it was a little iffy for a while, but the DAR did a fine job and helped me through all the muck that is necessary. The gyro itself was in prime shape, just needed a label or two that he required so it was good that I took my label maker to make any that was needed. It was also good that I took just about every tool I owned. Just for the record folks, if you are still having your data plate engraved, and you get to the part where it says: builder.....IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU!!!! It actually means the manufacturer!!!! I had to erase the plate with a Dremel tool, and scribe the manufacturers name with a sharp, fine point tip. Also, the paperwork must be precise! THAT'S the part that almost tied me up. All the months of work in sweltering heat, and freezing cold finally paid off. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this ordeal and anytime I can help anyone of you, let me know! Ron Rittenhouse

Why would you engrave the plate?
\
for a few bucks you could get a set of stamps and hammer it out yourself.

Well if you were not the mfg then who was ?

I believe the Manufacturer would be who manufauctured the parts! Not who assembled and did all the work... Whats wrong with engraving it? Mine is stamped, but to each their own. Very nice looking machine Ron! Looks like u got room in your yard for an airstrip! :plane:

When I did mine I was the maufacturer. That's the way my DAR wanted it. On my repairmen's certificate it is listed as follows. Aircraft make:Michael J Boyette. Model:MB01. I'm pretty sure the data plate has to match. My gyro was inspected ten years ago, maybe it has changed.

Congrats Ron.

Good work. Very Happy for you.
Lovely machine too. The engraving thing is nice and neat and looks pro too.

I was nervous when mine was inspected by the CAA air worthiness people.
They had never seen a gyro before so I had to explain and the way it should be to comply with there rules and so on.

I got the fire proof plate engraved/etched and it says:
Commander Rehan K.Janjua
Serial # 582 003 Engine # 5805817

This year they want proper Pilot, Engine, Airframe Logs.
I'm at it, looking for some kind of format to put the logs, so far I have loose sheets in spiral binding.

Best Wishes.

When I did mine I was the maufacturer. That's the way my DAR wanted it. On my repairmen's certificate it is listed as follows. Aircraft make:Michael J Boyette. Model:MB01. I'm pretty sure the data plate has to match. My gyro was inspected ten years ago, maybe it has changed.
Me too, Mike. The DAR who performed my aircraft inspection was adamant that I was the manufacturer.

Cheers,
Ed

Me too.

I built the damn machine, not the kit supplier, not the parts maker, not the shipper...ME, I did it. If anything is wrong with it...who's gonna fix it?! ME, that's who.

No offense meant, but some DARs are as fickle in their interpretations of what's goin' on as as the FSDO people.

My DAR was a sweetheart. I believe I made a post about why he became a DAR some years back on this Forum. IMO, we need more of his ilk.

Cheers :)

My DAR was cool as well, No Problems. The DAR who is doing the Gyro bee who is also in my hanger is a very different story, this is the first gyro he has ever done and he is going to the extreme just to make sure his A** is covered.
I am very happy I put mine on a trailer and went somewhere else.
Too bad they are not all using the same playbook but there not, Some seem to feel the need to flex there power just cause they can, kinda sad.

Believe me, it's more than "flexing the power".
DARs have to attend recurrent training. The classes are put on by the FAA using FAA employees from OKC. It's hard to get them to all agree on an interpretation of some FARs (CFRs) and believe me, I've tried.

DARs are supposed to exercise intelligent choice when it comes to certifications. It all cmes down to safety.

The most ridiculous limitation I have heard of was an FAA inspector adding the limitation that the gyroplane owner had to have an ambulance stand by during his first few flights.

The final answer to any interpretation is always from "legal" in Washington D.C.. If you really need a definitive answer, there is only one place.

Last edited: