2 unscheduled landings in 1 day

Raton, I'll join the cantor here, first of all it's not what you say but how you say it. And with that said, you can choose to have people listen to your advice by softening up the tone or have them automatically react to another insult. Automan offers a lot of good advice, unfortunately he does it as a negative. If you want to intentionally insult someone, go for it. If you truly want to offer valued input take the high road and offer it in a positive light.

I don’t see any point is discussing this issues any further, made my point in the best way I can express myself without wanting to offend anyone, but some of you guys are to itchy and if it not written in milk and honey or and politically correct, the ka-ka hits the fan..! Being outside the clique and not understating the idiosyncrasies of this board is a difficult task for any newcomer and makes it very hard once one treads some toes of what here is perceived the way to go, say, and do things. Have you ever questioned why real aircraft manufacturing companies never join a board..?

raton

...but an engine out in a light single seat gyro is realy no big deal for an experienced flier over open terrain...

Any engine failure should be a HUGE deal even for the most experienced pilot…even if he is flying a gas balloon..!

raton

Yep thats all that gyro flying experience coming to the key board now, every one listen.
To give you an idea of just how far out of whack you are, yesterday i pulled the power on student at 700' and made him do a 360* turn before landing ahead, so that gives you an idea of how much time you got and how good these gyros are in a power out situation.

Last edited:
Yep thats all that gyro flying experience coming to the key board now, every one listen.
To give you an idea of just how far out of whack you are, yesterday i pulled the power on student at 700' and made him do a 360* turn before landing ahead, so that gives you an idea of how much time you got and how good these gyros are in a power out situation.

Looks like in Australia any show pony can be an instructor but one would think a real flight instructor will teach his student pilots must learn to control the aircraft with precision BEFORE learning specific maneuvers are told, but should be dedicated to straight and level flight, climbs, airspeed control, trimming techniques, descents, constant altitude turns, climbing turns, and descending turns, all before having them fly the traffic pattern and only then a controlled simulated engine failure..

raton

Looks like in Australia any show pony can be an instructor but one would think a real flight instructor will teach his student pilots must learn to control the aircraft with precision BEFORE learning specific maneuvers are told, but should be dedicated to straight and level flight, climbs, airspeed control, trimming techniques, descents, constant altitude turns, climbing turns, and descending turns, all before having them fly the traffic pattern and only then a controlled simulated engine failure..

raton
Again you demonstrate your abysmal ignorance and serious personality disorder!
You have no idea what stage of training Mark's student has progressed to! I would bet my last dollar the student had advanced to the point Mark felt confident of his success. Sheeze!:rolleyes:

raton; said:
Looks like in Australia any show pony can be an instructor but one would think a real flight instructor will teach his student pilots must learn to control the aircraft with precision BEFORE learning specific maneuvers are told, but should be dedicated to straight and level flight, climbs, airspeed control, trimming techniques, descents, constant altitude turns, climbing turns, and descending turns, all before having them fly the traffic pattern and only then a controlled simulated engine failure..raton
A real flight instructor does put his student through many simulated engine failures before completing his training, and often one or two early in the training. This is for the simple reason that if a real engine failure occurs during training, then the student will not panic and he will be more relaxed.
climbs, airspeed control, trimming techniques, descents, constant altitude turns, climbing turns, and descending turns, all before having them fly the traffic pattern
I do not like your suggestion that these should be taught over an active runway

You have no idea what stage of training Mark's student has progressed to! I would bet my last dollar the student had advanced to the point Mark felt confident of his success. Sheeze!:rolleyes:

…yesterday i pulled the power on student at 700' and made him do a 360* turn before landing ahead…

I have always been fascinated with stupidity or maybe you don’t love me and/or suffer the Kodak complex..? .I only can make comment base on what is posted, had he said the student had experience my comment would be somehow different. The trust of his post was to demonstrate how much time an unpowered gyro has to make an effective no power landing and it was irrelevant to my comment that Any engine failure should be a HUGE deal even for the most experienced pilot…even if he is flying a gas balloon..!

raton

A real flight instructor does put his student through many simulated engine failures before completing his training, and often one or two early in the training. This is for the simple reason that if a real engine failure occurs during training, then the student will not panic and he will be more relaxed.

I do not like your suggestion that these should be taught over an active runway

I agree with you, perhaps find a corner but for the simulated engines failure it can be very overwhelming for a student should use a proper airstrip.

raton

What can we say ? He's 100%, absolutely, right on the money, without a doubt in my mind, not a chance in hell, positively , perfectly , the unknown Subaru loving nurse from Perth!

Let's have a BIG round of applause for..........RATON !!!!!!

Does everyone LOVE this guy as much as me ?

Does anyone here personally know him ?

What can we say ? He's 100%, absolutely, right on the money, without a doubt in my mind, not a chance in hell, positively , perfectly , the unknown Subaru loving nurse from Perth!

You are embarrassing us, our love should be secret..! :D

raton

Bingo it was going to be his LAST hour before going solo :angel: but since the weather was against us, so now i am going to PUT him through the same trerrible experience again next time he comes up, just make sure that if, he has an engine out in his Sub(couldnt help myself) powered machine he will remember what to do.

I have always been fascinated with stupidity or maybe you don’t love me and/or suffer the Kodak complex..? .I only can make comment base on what is posted, had he said the student had experience my comment would be somehow different. The trust of his post was to demonstrate how much time an unpowered gyro has to make an effective no power landing and it was irrelevant to my comment that Any engine failure should be a HUGE deal even for the most experienced pilot…even if he is flying a gas balloon..!
You really are a prawn arent you????:noidea:
Take the quote above form you, in one breath your saying you didnt know how much experience my student had, Weeeellllll if you think about it(probably a tall ask of you) do you think i would have been asking a student to do something they were not comfortable with, of course i was there to pull him out of the poo, if he was doing something wrong.
Then at the end you still say Any engine failure should be a HUGE deal even for the most experienced pilot… well if is was such a HUGE deal, how the hell do any pilots ever survive, because most student pilots in there early flying time are likely to have an engine out ???? :rip:
Maybe just maybe one day you might get your butt in a gyro and then you will understand what we are talking about :rapture:

I'll be gone soon Rat, i'll miss you a little, but i be back in a bout 3 months, if i survive a dreaded engine out :angel:

Farrrk who would want to, its good to turn off the puter and hes gooonnnnee :violin:

Remember our gigglin' transvestite antagonist, Bob K ? Somehow this raton character reminds me of "it"! :sad:

For some the voices on the inside are always louder than the voices on the outside.

When the voices on the inside are in conflict with the voices on the outside the voices on the inside become deafening.

A broken mind appears easy to fix with simple logic.

In my experience the voices on the inside drown out reality and these unfortunate people are not able to learn.

They argue with what their voices tell them and denigrate anyone who does not hear the same words.

The effort to help them often increases their resolve to drown out the intrusion of reality and strengthens their determination to dwell in madness.

I am not able to teach them anything, I wish them well.

Whoa!! Raton in the firing line AGAIN!!

Truce... have a snack.. :hippie:

Attachments

• k0221433.jpg
    k0221433.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 0
on another note....you carry tools with you. Were there any tools you wished you had? What tools would you suggest to be carried? Spare plugs?

Good job Shawn.

I would have done the same thing.

Just so you know Raton, I'm not an ARMCHAIR PILOT. I actually fly REAL gyroplanes. Sometimes I WRITE about them. How about you?

Whoa!! Raton in the firing line AGAIN!!

Truce... have a snack.. :hippie:

Hmmmm.. one can’t argue with a psychiatrist analyzing my inner voice..:der:

ratoninaustralia.jpg

raton

Good job Shawn.

I would have done the same thing.

Just so you know Raton, I'm not an ARMCHAIR PILOT. I actually fly REAL gyroplanes. Sometimes I WRITE about them. How about you?

Naaaa.. gota be careful here a gyro psychiatrist on my tail… !!!:rolleyes:

raton