Medical confusion

GyroRon

Former Gyro know it all
Aircraft
Vans RV4 / Dominator 582 Ultrawhite
Total Flight Time
ALOT
Was at the Dr office this morning for a annual check up and while sitting in there I was digging through my wallet. Discovered that my 3rd class medical was issued 3-3-06.

My understanding was these are good for 3 years when your under 40 years old.

I figured I wanted a excuse to go flying today, so I called a Dr that does medicals at a airport about 60 miles east of my airport. While on the phone with him were going over my info and he tells me I don't need to see him till 2011! He said there is a new rule with medicals for under 40 years old, that the 3rd class is good now for 5 years instead of every 3.

I just want to make sure before I stick the current medical back in my wallet and forget about it. Thanks

Thats GREAT Ron,,, the FAR's change so quickly it's impossible to keep up with them..

The ink doesn't dry until another change on the same rule occurs.

60 calendar months for operations requiring a third class medical certificate if the airman has not reached age 40 on or before the date of examination. *

Ron, this is directly out of FAA.gov.

Yep. that is correct.

Class 3 under 40 only.

Sweet, one less thing to spend money on..... was kinda looking forward to having not one, but two men fondle my ball sack today. Oh well! ;)

Reading is fun !

Reading is fun !

Ron,

Not to poke fun but this rule is almost a year old.

AOPA, EAA, trade a plane, and the faa docs website posted this change a while ago.
:eek:
My question is what happens as soon as you turn 40 ?

Say you only have 4 years on your 3 year medical, do you need one before your 5 years is up or do you wait 5 years for new issuance ?

J

Jonathan, I remember reading something about it a while back, just forgot about it. Better to be safe than sorry.

And my understanding is if I have a medical done even the day before I turn 40, it will still be good for 5 years. So I will do my next one at age 38, and it would be good till I am age 43, but I think I will go back and get it done again right before my 40th birthday, giving me till I am 45 to fly under 3rd class rules. My diet and Cigarettes might make it get hard to pass by that point, so I will squeeze out what I can between now and then.

Two men ?

Two men ?

Sweet, one less thing to spend money on..... was kinda looking forward to having not one, but two men fondle my ball sack today. Oh well! ;)

What another man does with his free time is his business but since you put it out there Ron,

With all the photos of the ladies you keep, I am kind of surprised you made a comment about "two men" ..... Things getting boring at home ?

How is your lovely wife ?

When is the baby due anyway ?

J

Well, we have a ball sack, a sack of balls and then there is a "scrotum." :)

Cheers :)

What another man does with his free time is his business but since you put it out there Ron,

With all the photos of the ladies you keep, I am kind of surprised you made a comment about "two men" ..... Things getting boring at home ?

How is your lovely wife ?

When is the baby due anyway ?

J

The wife is fine, pretty darn plump but fine! Baby is due in April.

Things not too boring at home, but todays Dr visit was the first time in about a month that my sack got any attention other than from myself... Not that that excited me too much, but those with or that had pregnant wives will understand what I mean! :twitch:

Just wait GyroRon,
Oh it gets better than just blue knackers mate!!
Wait till you get the hormonal post-pardum mum and the screamin lil bub that grows into one of these very loud and vocal spawns!!!
I don't know about the rest of the world's bubs, but this little Textralian has some real grunt when he's not happy. Not to mention he was born with built-in Sexdar and will scream an alarm to fend off any and all occurances of playing in the bush..

Blue balls is a treat that just keeps on keepin on.... :Cry:

Last edited:
Thanks Ron!
If you haven't already, you'll find there's nothing in this world more rewarding than raising you kids..
Of course I've been accused of being "clucky as an ole hen" but hey.. I just adore kids...
I'd love to have a dozen more but the Mrs says that's NOT going to happen. ;)

In the previous picture, bub was cracking it because I wouldn't let him eat the sand on the beach.. You'll learn that if you just give in, life is much easier.. :peace:

Last edited:
Medical Schmedical!

Medical Schmedical!

Ron,

Just wait. That "over 40" examination has some "other added features." :eek:

I just got the card in the mail that mine's due. Not my favorite way to kill a morning. :rant:

*JC*