Rotax 912S Tandem Dominator

I'll haggle. Hell, I negotiate for a living. Ron style is not to budge; it's his initial offer or the highway.

Ain't gonna happen. I can afford to part it out for spite if necessary.

A gentleman came by and was prepared to pay $29K on the spot last summer. He was inexperienced. I wanted him to get more lessons before I'd agree to sell it to him. If he finishes his lessons, it's his.

Doug,
All you have to do is haul it South enough to find some training weather to give him some more lessons.

Tim, I'm a BFI. He needs a CFI. One reason I'm selling is that the FAA probably won't continue the BFI program.

Doug
Put it on EBay and have a reserve on it. If your reserve isn't met you are not required to sell it. Also state that you have it listed in other media that way you can also sell it and withdraw it from ebay without a penality. Do you have it listed on Barnstormers Doug?

No, Tom, I've been taking the lazy way out (and figuring I'd give all my good buds here first crack at it). Besides, every month that I don't sell it I get to play in it some more!

I don't really want to sell, but storage, airport-neighbor hassles, the economics of a flight school in a northern climate and the likely end to BFI all argue for a sale. I have assorted 1-place aircraft to keep me entertained.

Ebay, Barnstormers, etc. are next, though.

Hello Mr Riley,

Whats the new price now?

It is priced cheap but then some of us are waiting for a good price.

Good Luck
Rehan

Alot of times people put things on Ebay with a safe reserve price, start the bidding at one dollar and then see how high the bidding goes. If it gets alot of bidding activity but doesn't sell, you could try to relist it later and try again..... Whatever the highest bids were on the machine is about market value, minus maybe 10 percent since most Ebay buyers are bargin shoppers.

Dougs price is fair. A new Rotax 912S with prop and exhaust etc would run around 16-17 grand complete. A new Dominator airframe without pod and instruments would be around 12-13 grand. Instruments would run about 2 grand, and pod would be at least another 1500$ installed and painted. So a new machine like this one from Ernie would be roughly 32-34 grand. Deduct some for it being a used gyro, deduct a little more for it being a training ship and getting exposed to students landings and abuse, and 25-27 grand price range is fair price for it.

Ron, I have really been hoping you would buy it and start giving lessons. I seriously believe you would make a really great instructor, inspite of your being a butthead!:)

I need to get my ratings and endorsements and so on first, then find a machine to train in.

I think Ernie would get more like $40K for a new one... but ask him.

This one is slightly "better than stock" IMHO. It has 4-position adjustable pedals, an extra-heavy-duty bed-type engine mount, dual Brock tanks with covers, intercom with helmet, antenna, compass, 28-foot blades, lateral trim spring, and, of course, the trailer.

The only thing it doesn't have is "zero" on the hourmeter.

Mr Riley

Thank you for the new price. Do have some prospective buyers but not sure.
If I can convince them would be nice to fly your baby to train these guys.

Hello Ron.

This is one good price for an excellant gyro.
Thank you for the breakup. Forsure a good deal.

Best Wishes.
Rehan

Heck I never paid attention to the fact you have a trailer for it. How about a description of the trailer and maybe a picture of it?

What about a radio?

I use a heavy old Terra TPX 720 handheld that dates from the Reagan era. It's not built in; I just hook up the antenna and intercom leads and strap it to the floor. I propose to keep it for use in my other aircraft.

The trailer is standard-issue Ernie. A 12-foot landscaper job.

A better idea of the trailer and it's condition would help Doug, I have no idea what a standard issue Ernie trailer is...

Also exactly how tall is the gyro? I need to know cause I would haul it on my Isuzu landscaper truck and the floor of the truck is 3 foot high to start with and could be bounced another foot higher if I hit a bad pothole or bump in the road. I need to know I could haul the gyro on the truck

Ron, I don't own a digital camera or picture phone, so I can't whip up photos instantly. Ernie supplies a professionally-built heavy 6x12 steel-framed trailer of the type used by you landscape dudes to haul your mowers. The wheels are truck-sized and the deck is overkill: made of 2x8's laid flat. The trailer has an angle-iron railing around it about 24" off the deck. It pulls very easily, thanks to the big wheels. I've pulled it thousands of miles with little 4-cylinder compact trucks. There's a good spare and a tongue jack. The lights light. Connie Boyette drove it up to Virginia and I picked it up there when I bought it. It's painted black with white pinstripes.

Gyro and trailer were originally custom-built for, and owned by, Russ King, a doctor from Colorado who's a friend of the Boyettes. Russ sold it when he ran into serious health problems. He ran a big 2-stroke snowmobile engine on it (682?) that lasted no time at all. I flew with a 618 for a year or so before installing the 912S.

The machine stands about 9 feet tall to the tops of the towers.

I heard it was a 670 but don't quote me.