Jeep VS Farrarri...

Guess them ferrari's ain't what they are all cracked up to be. :D

Back in about 1976 I purchased a jeep mail truck - essentially a CJ-5 with a Pontiac 4-banger and powerglide. The engine block was cracked so I replaced it with a built-up 375HP 350ci using a stouter powerglide, with bigger bands, out of a Camaro. The Jeep already had a 4.11 rear end and positrac.

It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Nothing could touch it street racing. With the heavy steel top, it would throw all its weight on the rear axle like a Willys dragster, and launch.

Sitting at an intersection with its cam lope, it would attract competition like a magnet. Little did they know. It would be through the intersection before the other car would get through the crosswalk.

Back in about 1976 I purchased a jeep mail truck - essentially a CJ-5 with a Pontiac 4-banger and powerglide. The engine block was cracked so I replaced it with a built-up 375HP 350ci using a stouter powerglide, with bigger bands, out of a Camaro. The Jeep already had a 4.11 rear end and positrac.

It was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Nothing could touch it street racing. With the heavy steel top, it would throw all its weight on the rear axle like a Willys dragster, and launch.

Sitting at an intersection with its cam lope, it would attract competition like a magnet. Little did they know. It would be through the intersection before the other car would get through the crosswalk.

Quite a number of years back a friend had built a VW kit car that looked and sounded like the then new Ford GT racer, but all it had for power was a stock VW 40 HP engine... looked real cool and no one wanted to race him just BC intimidation factor, when in reality the thing could not break 100 on a long down hill run....:whoo:

Quite a number of years back a friend had built a VW kit car that looked and sounded like the then new Ford GT racer, but all it had for power was a stock VW 40 HP engine... looked real cool and no one wanted to race him just BC intimidation factor, when in reality the thing could not break 100 on a long down hill run....

A friend of mine had one of those also, I think it was a Bradley GT, cool car for a VW. :)

Interesting drag race in that video. But I'd like to watch the Ferrari and the Jeep go around a few really fast corners, and see if the Jeep can keep up with the Ferrari without doing barrel rolls.

Ummm...I just don't get it, guys. Jeep don't beat no Ferrari. Sorry, but...having driven a bunch of stufff, I gotta say, nothing compares a [gag] jeep (yes, I have owned and driven in one, all kinds of sludge) to something like a Porsche or Ferrari. Driven them all, been there, done that, and uh, well, there is no feeling like doing 200 mph a foot from a concrete wall on a track like Pocono with a high-banked turn in a car that will eat any NASCAR brick for lunch. So what IS the hoopla about Jeep v. Ferrari? I am not biting. I have mudded, I have climbed, I have gone balls-to-the-walls, and nope, ain't no 4-whlr gonna take no accolades from a race car, neva. Don't even think about it, unless you tried it and can vouch.

My GT1 was a total slug from 0-20mph, but 0-60mpg was under 3 seconds...yes, count them...3 seconds. SO what was happening from 20-60mph? Time to wet your pants. Yes, seriously, the first time I did it I literally wet my pants. It happens. I am not ashamed of it. It is a sign of true manhood, a passing if you will. No gear shift changes, for sure. All done in first gear. SO this Jeep...60 mph in first gear? NO WAY. CUtsy video, but you are not messin with the big boys in this one. THe vid is a gag on the Ferrrari, for sure. Something my wife could drive to church. BUt no gear for the big dogs. IF you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. OR Porsche. If you stay on the Porsche, you won't have these humiliating vids streaming all over the place. HahA! Achtung, baby, aufvedersen. DIe, Italina slug, DIE!! Invader ZIM commands it!

So, enjoy the moment if you want. The video is a load of tripe, or a testiment to a truely lousy driver. OR a really good one. However, my older brother always came home with stories of how he had won the big drag race from a light. Truth is, the guy he was racin didn't even know about the race. Pretty easy to win that one.

BUt thanks for the fun! I love racin, no matter who wins or how it is done.

Last edited:
Interesting drag race in that video. But I'd like to watch the Ferrari and the Jeep go around a few really fast corners, and see if the Jeep can keep up with the Ferrari without doing barrel rolls.

if they get to do that then the Ferrari gets to go off roding with the jeep in the desert too.....:peace:

SO this Jeep...60 mph in first gear? NO WAY. CUtsy video, but you are not messin with the big boys in this one.
BUt thanks for the fun! I love racin, no matter who wins or how it is done.

Jeeps do have auto tyranny's too, n with a NOX system not too hard to believe.....

is it fake? still way cool video, n my 300 SDL is a screamer too... designed for the auto-bond and a 100 mph cruse @ close to 50 mpg!!!

Last edited: