Aviomania's Agrinio Antics

dinoa

On the occasion of Nicolas' recent trip to Agrinio to fine tune the 3rd Genesis delivered to Greece, we had a chance to video some nice evolutions that had me wondering how they are done. Maybe Nicolas can answer.

Weather was variable winds 3 knots, temp 22 C, Agrinio Airport LGAG
elevation 150ft

The Genesis was powered by a Rotax 582 with E box 2.62 reduction, 62" Ukranian prop, 23' Dragon Wings rotors.

Here's the link

YouTube - Aviomania agrinio gyrocopter

Dino

Last edited:
That was the best gyro piloting skills I have seen. Nicolas is good, and that speaks so well of his Genesis capabilities.

Very impressive!

Stan

Wow, what a pilot!!! And can she handle or what!!!

I truly beleive the Genesis is the lightest, most stable, open frame, modern gyroplane on the market today.

That it is going to cost me $8,000.00 to $10,000.00 less than the others I selected during my search is just a bonus!!

I cannot wait until they are flying at US fly-ins, SOON!

Thanks for sharing:
YouTube - Aviomania agrinio gyrocopter

Nicolas- My teeth are growing.....After eating all those squirrels I have shot...I am turning into a rodent that needs to gnaw on aluminum. Cant wait for the first shipment for the Genesiis project.

Stan

Class Video, That was great flying!

I love the machine and the video...

I love the machine and the video...

that was some of the finest "flying within the deadmans curve" I have seen!
I sure hope he doesn't ever have an engine out during his routine.
As for the machine sleek, nimble and good looking, can't wait to fly one!
Ben S

OK, I want one.

I have one but... :whoo: it's NOT FOR SALE. Joking.
We have plenty of Genesis flying videos with Nicolas (holding the stick) but we don't publish them for obvious reasons. One is because there are certain maneuvers that only Genesis can perform, or better, come out safely. This is due to its construction.....not joking. We also don't want to encourage pilots with gyros which lack stability and BIG aerodynamic tail
surfaces.

Last edited:
Aw c'mon, don't hide the good stuff from us! :D
Nice flying (Don't try this at home kids.)
Nice gyro too.
How is the 2 place coming along?

... what a ride, really breathtaking.
But it should be mentioned "for experts only"
This gyro and the flying skill of Nicolas deserves attention.
Have a nice day
Guenter

Last edited:
Nice video..... first time i see myself flying like that..... you know...... actually i lost control ( that is why the gyro was going round and round).... i manage to regain control at 4:00

I was lucky that the "Genesis Solo" is a forgiving aircraft.

Nicolas- That was the most impressive piece of flying I have seen. You are one with that machine. Nice piloting skills and the Genesis speaks for itself. WOW!

Stan

Nicolas, that was poetry in motion. Lovely flying and what a demonstration of what your fine machine can do. Congratulations.:yo:

If that does not make us all want one I do not know what will.

Watching this video I had the feeling that I was watching an ice skating artist
with maneuvers like

Attitude Spin
Axel jump
Shoot the duck
Skating backwards
Layback spin
Spreadaegle
A camel spin
Figure skating spin and jump
180 turn
….... and I don't know what.

TO INVENT A GYRO IS NOTHING. TO BUILD ONE IS SOMETHING. TO FLY IS EVERYTHING

For performance and artistic
6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0.

Last edited:
I have to admit being overwhelmed by a wave of "Genesitis" and have just ordered mine.

Dino

I have to admit being overwhelmed by a wave of "Genesitis" and have just ordered mine.

Dino
Dino,
At an early stage “Genesitis virus” can be cure with some recipe free medicine.
But if you just leave it without help it can be very dangerous with complications and with symptoms like, cold sweat at nights and insomnia. It can be followed by headache and so on.
If you ever feel like this then the only cure is to order one Genesis gyro….
no other drugs will help.

Dino, I liked the new word (Genesitis)

:blabla::blabla::blabla:

Last edited:
(Hi Giorgos)
Watching this video I had the feeling that I was watching an ice skating artist

For performance and artistic...

To be honest I was a bit nervous seeing that Nicos makes some low altitude maneuvers straight to the trees ahead which would make emergency difficulter in case of engine stop. All in all not the best habit. Commonly low alt drive should be better planned so that you always have good space to immediately turn into wind and land.

Last edited: