My Shadow

Hello everyone
I just wanted update everyone on my progress. I brought my gyro to the airport 2 weeks ago. The airport has 2 runways 100' x 4200' long. I did some slow taxing (on the inactive runway) I cant believe how much power the Lycoming O-320 has..I practiced for 3 hours never getting any where near the flying RPM of the Rotor.What Fun.!!!!! I have some time in a RAF and boy is this different,,, I will take it very SLOW...My rotor RPM sensor went Ka Ka and thats when I decided to stop.. It seems that the Red Lion sensor needs to be replaced. I found a FAA inspector that is wonderful and is helping me through my Air Worthiness Cert..Except for a few AD on the Lycoming (minor)
alls is great.. I recommend him to anyone who is having issues. We are expecting a hurricaine this weekend (lots of wind) so Im just gunna half to shine her up. Pictures will follow soon

Best Regards
Stan Z
SHADOW N2226K

Hi Stan, what kind of gyro is that?

My Gyro

My Gyro

Hi Joe
Its a 2 seat side by side enclosed gyrocopter. Its got a 160 HP Lycomine Engine and a real wide Horiz Stab. If you look up Shadow Gyroplane and click on 2 seat gyro you will be able to see it.. My gyro is the blue one

Regards
Stan Zinger

Airport ?

Airport ?

What airport would that be ? Brookhaven or Republic ? Your out in coram so I would place my money on Brookhaven.....

You think you are getting a hurricane ? It blows like that all the time here in eastern NC.

J

Hurricane Bill headed your way.

Attachments

• Hurricane Bill_sat.jpg
    Hurricane Bill_sat.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
I've never heard of the Shadow before. How long has this Gyroplane been availablke? How many are out there? How come I've never seen one or even heard of one before? Who are the "renown" designers at Tyler Flight Inc. as I have never heard that name either? Are there any names that that the Gyro Community would be familiar with? I know I have only been involved in Gyros for a few years but I have studied them pretty extensively and I am not familiar with this machine or the design company. Anyone out there that can share some information about the history on this machine. It looks a lot like a design by Martin Hollmann, is that the origin of this machine?
Gyro Doug

The Shadow

The Shadow

Hi All
Only a few of these machines were made.The picture of the blue gyro was taken by myself at 1500 feet over Brookheaven Airport.. I was fkying a C 172.. The machine is being hangered a Brookheaven Airport in Long Island. The Shadow is a take off of the Hollman Sportster. The designer of the Shadow has taken ill a few years ago and is out of busimess.

Regards
Stan Z
Shadow
N2226K

Who are the "renown" designers at Tyler Flight Inc. as I have never heard that name either? Are there any names that that the Gyro Community would be familiar with?

Tyler Flight, is the Company name Skip Tyler uses with Vortech.

he has or had a very Nice Commuter 2B helicopter that Vortech uses for it Commuter 2 info DVD.

The helicopter is nice, but the DVD was not worth the plastic it was burned on.

I bought one of the DVD's from Vortech to get more Info on the Commuter 2B and the Video sounds and looks like someone shot it from a car window,you can even hear a radio show in the back ground, like it was shot during a holiday in winter time.

It was after buying that crappy DVD,that I decided to look for a real set of Commuter plans and not waste my time on what Vortech sells.

At least this gyro clearly does Fly.

Stan....nice looking machine!

I'm sure you'll have lots of good times with her!

How much time in gyros do you have? Are there any Gyro CFI's near you?

BarryK