The Forum locked up on me

dabkb2

Dave Bacon
Aircraft
Sport Copter Vortex 582, 2 KB2 90Mac KB3 582
Total Flight Time
529 hours
This is the message I got

Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But it is all good now, The problem happened at 12 3o PST

I got that too and then the server is busy error

Server too busy is what I got.

I got the server to bussy also, but I got that message and it said to report it, so I did

Forum Errors:

Warning: require_once([path]/includes/class_hook.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Too many open files in system in [path]/includes/init.php on line 269

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/rotary/public_html/forum/includes/class_hook.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/rotary/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 269

The most often error, is that the server is busy.

I've been having these errors ever since the last forum upgrade. The errors happen at least once or twice a week for at least one or two hours, or more. Yesterday, the forum was out from approx. 12:30 to 4:30 est. Today (7/4/09) it was out from 12:15 through 6:45 est. When the server finally agrees to let me on, I check the amount of users online and there are usually fewer than normal.

I wonder if the file "handles" are being reallocated correctly, either closed in real-time or closed after so many clock cycles. Or perhaps there aren't enough file-handles allocated to cope with the traffic. I just know something is not right.

Got "server too busy" most of the day.

Me too, I got server too busy all morning.
pwongkit

Something is going on

Something is going on

"Server is too busy!"

Something is going on!
Something is using all the bandwidth!
This has been going on for the past three days.

Ditto That!!!

Ya can"t notify the server iffin' ya can't get on...can 'ya?!

Cheers :)

This has been happening to me, and I am not sure if this mean anything at all, but I noticed everytime it comes up as "server is busy" the lil thing that says "powered by vbulletin", well it says something different. I can't remember what it said, but it definitly did not say vbulletin. Like I said, i don't know if it means anything, but it struck me as odd...

I have been gettting the same (server is too busy try back again later) for the past three mornings. I figured that there was a shortage of bandwidth since everyone was home for the holiday. I have only been able to get on at night.