Lift Off!!!!

Darryl

Aircraft
CLT-GYROBEE
Flying and having a blast,finally got some pics.Also thanks to Larry Neil with the help in lessons and helping me make a safe gyro.Here are a few pics.

Congratz on the flying...your pics look good. I cant tell from the pics, but what is that white object on the mast, over the engine?

Great looking gyro. I like all the changes you did.

I would like to see some close up pictures of your gyro, I am doing a centerline thrust bensen,

If that is the fuel tank, that is interesting. I thought about putting it there at times...it would eliminate the fuel pump. In the event of an off airport landing(crash), if the mast got broken off, would that be a bad place to have the fuel tank....above the engine, and right behind the pilots head? Possibly spilling fuel all over the engine and pilot? I am flying a stock style Bensen type...would there be any aerodynamic/cg effects with the fuel tank on the mast? If these things are not a problem, this might be worth looking into.

Paul, you have to ask the same question about the majority of people flying around setting IN a fuel tank!

We have a guy in our chapter who built one of only three John Bond machines I know of and he made a 6 gallon aluminum tank that fits above him in the space frame mast. He has a better place to put it than most but I too have thought about doing that. That is if I ever get around to building!

If built as aerodynamic as possible, given the constraints, the drag penalty probably would be small in comparison to the rest of the draggy machine. Installing it there has the effect, although it changes with fuel burnoff, of also raising the vertical Cg. Usually this is a good thing.

Dean.....I have thought about putting the fuel tank over the engine...just didnt know if anyone ever did it.

Pic

Pic

That is the fuel tank above the engine ,and here is a close up pic .The other pics where taking at San Saba Tx. a nice small airport not much traffic.

The last pic is the only one at brigeport, the other where at san saba .Nose gear is a 24'' bike front fork.