Hello from Mesa, Arizona

Garry23

Hello all. Looking to buy a gyro copter soon. Was a private pilot, but didn't keep up the hours or medical exams.
Proved to be too expensive. Retired now so getting into something more fun.

Good choice. I still love flying Fixed-Wing, but Gyros are definitely more fun! Welcome to the forum.

*JC*

Hello Garry,

I have a Xenon here in Mesa at Falcon Field. Do you know what you will be buying for a gyro? You lucked out on location; there are at least 3 gyroplane CFIs and 2 DPEs here. Lots of folks have to drive 1,000 miles to find an instructor.

Scott

Greeting and Welcome to the Forum and more fun than should be legal!
This is the place to learn glad you could join us!

Hello all. Looking to buy a gyro copter soon. Was a private pilot, but didn't keep up the hours or medical exams.
Proved to be too expensive. Retired now so getting into something more fun.

Their was one for sale out at the coolidge airport (P08) in one of the hangers. Airport manager ask if I knew anyone looking for a gyro. belonged to a man who passed away and wife wanting to sell. this was a few months ago, I have not seen it was not interested in a second aircraft. but might be worth a call out their.

Hello Garry,

Hello Garry,

I would like to invite you to the annual Ken Brock Freedom gyro fly-in coming up the last weekend of Sept., 25-26-& 27.

The fly-in is held on the El Mirage dry lake in so. Ca. You will see many different types of gyros, maybe even find one for sale and most of all you will enjoy the gyro flying and meeting people who share your gyro interest.

There will be several regulars at the fly-in who are coming from Arizona.
If you do come to the fly-in and need directions, please let me know.
Hope to see you at the fly-in.
Marion Springer

Oh good idea Marion, I'll be there on Saturday at least.
We'd loved to meet you there!

Scotland to ARIZONA

Scotland to ARIZONA

Hi GARRY, FROM GARY

Welcome From another newbie !!

GARY (DINGBAT)
Member L.A.A B.R.A

Last edited:
Directions

Directions

I would like to invite you to the annual Ken Brock Freedom gyro fly-in coming up the last weekend of Sept., 25-26-& 27.

The fly-in is held on the El Mirage dry lake in so. Ca. You will see many different types of gyros, maybe even find one for sale and most of all you will enjoy the gyro flying and meeting people who share your gyro interest.

There will be several regulars at the fly-in who are coming from Arizona.
If you do come to the fly-in and need directions, please let me know.
Hope to see you at the fly-in.
Marion Springer

Just got back into town last night. But would still like directions.

Thanks to all who replied. I have gotten lots of email with gyros, parasail(parachute style?) and even some ultra lights for sale. Now, I'm not sure what to buy, they all look like fun. There's a club about 10 miles east of Falcon Field that fly a variety of flying machines (mostly the parachute style). What I'm also saying, is that with the economy with the way it is, I had some very, very low offers made to me to buy an aircraft of some type. And I can't find myself taking advantage of a very good deal just because somebody has a temporary financial crisis. So, thanks to all, I'll see if I can rent a gyrocopter (or something).

Get up with Scott and see if he'll take you for a ride in his Xenon. That'll give you an idea of a gyro's flight characteristics.

Talk about luck

Talk about luck

Hello Garry,

I have a Xenon here in Mesa at Falcon Field. Do you know what you will be buying for a gyro? You lucked out on location; there are at least 3 gyroplane CFIs and 2 DPEs here. Lots of folks have to drive 1,000 miles to find an instructor.

Scott

Hello Scott,

I really lucked out. I looked at the "Complete List of Gyroplane Instructors" and saw your address. I live less than a mile from you, and my brother lives .2 of a mile from you. When do you fly your Xenon so I can sit and watch from afar.

Hello Scott,

I really lucked out. I looked at the "Complete List of Gyroplane Instructors" and saw your address. I live less than a mile from you, and my brother lives .2 of a mile from you. When do you fly your Xenon so I can sit and watch from afar.

Welcome to the whackiest group in aviation. Having a CFI that close isnt luck its the Universe saying you have no choice!