Does this UMP gyro work?

autogyro

I visited Beijing International Aviation Exhibation, I found a UMP gyro, I wonder if this gyro work?It has a coaxical rotor hub, will be two engine, one is for properller, one is for rotor. The founder said it can VTOL flight. I dont think this rotor will work.
please give some comments.
Regards
Edward.

Attachments

• IMG_0394e234.JPG
    IMG_0394e234.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
Looks like a good start but when they add the second engine I think they will find they have way too much weight to make it practical and with two engines the compexity and cost will make it a very hard sell.

It seems to be a GYROCOAX!
VERY interesting! at last something new! :))

I would think the blades would hit each other being so close vertically.

I touched the rotor hub, found that it is coaxical contrarotation structure, looks very cool. But I wonder how to change blade pitch?

Last edited:
I touched the rotor hub, found that it is coaxical contrarotation structure, looks very cool. But I wonder how to change blade pitch?

Like for a gyro!
Back stick=more pitch for the blades!

Coaxial heli with prop booster, maybe?
Two smaller engines will do better without the complexities of gearboxes and tail boom?
Stick and throttle combined will make it go faster?
VTOL capable?
Smaller powered rotor = less drag?
Good mind meal here . . .
Heron

Looks like a good start for a hovercopter = flying low and slow, and getting nowhere :D

Heron,
I don't know about that. I think it has been a dream for a long time.
And when you can't have a helicopter, a hovercopter might be the 2. best :peace:
Only a few years ago we saw the first succesfull machine of this kind - made by Franz Schoefman. See picture.

autogyro,
Can we have more pictures of that frame and rotor head?

Attachments

• JL9a3d.jpg
    JL9a3d.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1