Dave Prater at Mentone?

Mac alarm wakeup?

Mac alarm wakeup?

With Dave selling his gyro, was he at Mentone doing his Mac alarm wake-up as usual?

What exactly are you talking about?

I understand that Dave passed the baton to Robert Rymer, the PRA Treasurer. Robert is a member of PRA Chapter 56 (Peach State) and flies a Bensen gyrocopter with a Super-Mac. It may not be as loud as Dave's, because it has a freon tank muffler instead of expansion pipes, but it is certainly a contender.

There is some footage of Robert Rymer's machine in this video from June:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHDlzTC5WY

*JC*

O always smile when I wake up, but with Dave up there I was laughing every time . . .could hear the cursing going on ; ; ; :D
Heron

Wake up Call

Wake up Call

To the best of my knowledge the mahine only flew once with Rusty at the controls so I could see it fly before I bought it. So god willing the alarm clock will return to Mentone next year for the usual wakeup runs.

I will however be finding out a way to quiet the thing down cause my runway is located right next to a horse ranch. Anyone with the knowledge necessary to incorporate a quieter sound out of the Super 90 is welcome to let me know.

Here is Robert doing his Wakeup Pass. He had me up every morning. I got these photos to prove it!

Attachments

• Mac Alarm Clock.JPG
    Mac Alarm Clock.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • Mac Wake up.JPG
    Mac Wake up.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
...........I will however be finding out a way to quiet the thing down cause my runway is located right next to a horse ranch. Anyone with the knowledge necessary to incorporate a quieter sound out of the Super 90 is welcome to let me know.

That sound is a classic. Same as listening to Harleys ride by. It would be a shame to change it.

I will however be finding out a way to quiet the thing down cause my runway is located right next to a horse ranch. Anyone with the knowledge necessary to incorporate a quieter sound out of the Super 90 is welcome to let me know.[/QUOTE]

I have the glass pack exaust on my 90, it is as quit as my 582, I can fly without earplugs. I would be willing to trade. Here is a video of them in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtk-fsqds0M&feature=channel_page

The freon tank muffler setup on Robert Rymer's machine is significantly more quiet than the expansion tubes, but the expansion tubes have a power benefit in addition to adding to the characteristic sound.

*JC*