Mackay Queensland!!!

jebthereb

AWS CWI
Aircraft
trained in mto sport. Trained in r22
Total Flight Time
9 hrs MTO Sport 13.5 hrs r22
I am going to apply for an inspection job that is in Mackay Queensland!! I know there are a few aussies here and was wondering if they would enlighten me about this area?
Chris?
Birdy?

There is another but I dont remember who.

It is the Hay Point Mine expansion.

Also my 6 year old want to know if queensland is a state or a territory or province or????:)

jeb

ps happy birthday farmer jim!!

Wow!!

Wow!!

Well Jeb you certainly look for interesting job locales!!

A lot of high paying natural resource jobs around in Aussieland.

Mackay is just below 21` Lat - Hope you like it HOT & tropical!

Mackay is 1/2 way up the coast of my home state of Queensland:first:!!! :)

I did have a holiday job on a cattle station up in that area many many years ago when an Ag student at UNE. ...... but so much has changed since - any info I could give you would be so dated & useless!

They grow ( or did back then) the most wonderful MANGOs in the world!!:D

The nearest forum member would be BONES - Charters Towers is about 500km to the NW!!!!

Hopefully one of the resident Aussies will reply with some good up-to-date info!

we (Jessica and the kids) are traveling gypsy construction workers. wherever the wind blows...we go. right place right time. i dont know if this will work out or not. this job that we are on is just about over. so i am looking. one way or another we will be on a new project soon. just dont know where.

Great opportunity to expand horizons!!

Great opportunity to expand horizons!!

If it was me & the job looked good & family not too resistant to being international & far from other family here. I'd jump at the chance!!

(My feeling is a densely populated country as US with porous borders is no place to be when the coming societal breakdown hits the point of no return & the excrement really hits the fan!!) get yourself established in a sparsely populated place with good natural resources and climate conducive to growing food year round & good solar power conditions!))

Go Go - for the sake of your kids! I hope for the best but prepare for the worst ---
best of luck for the decision process

The Aussie Magni dealer is now located in Mackay. Colin Mulligan is a great bloke and would love to see a few more gyro pilots I'm sure :) I travel to Mackay for work often and I'll post some pics of the area taken on our recent flight in the M22.

Regards,
Jeff B.

thanks jeff.

everyone here is excited about the idea of being in a new place such as this but there is a long way from here to there. i am going to apply and see what happends!!!

Great!

Great!

Best of luck Jeb - and the relatively new qantas service direct flight from DFW to Brisbane - is really not that bad( 14 hrs):eek: - at least after 20-odd x's - one learns how to endure:bored:! -- for me a huge improvement on the old routing thru LAX - an extra flight + lay-over time!!!

Some great flying scenery around Mackay in QLD AUstralia :)

Attachments

• Around the Cape.jpg
    Around the Cape.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Ball Bay.jpg
    Ball Bay.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • Clearing coastal.jpg
    Clearing coastal.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Colin and the M22.jpg
    Colin and the M22.jpg