World's Most Efficient Car - 261 MPG VW

I just heard about this car an hour ago on my cars radio. I'd really like to know the price. I pretty well made up my mind my next car is either going to be electric or hybrid.

I just heard about this car an hour ago on my cars radio. I'd really like to know the price. I pretty well made up my mind my next car is either going to be electric or hybrid.

I just purchased my most recent car. When I started the process I was dead set on a hybrid. I was sick and tired of paying rediculous gas prices. Somewhere along the way I got sidetracked and ended up with 4.0 V8. Oh weLL!

Last edited:
Most Hybrids I have driven are boring.

Most Hybrids I have driven are boring.

Hello Chuck,

As you know I love to drive across the country.

If I can get one I often rent a Prius or one of the higher end Toyota Hybrids.

My mileage is often over 40 miles per gallon in the Prius and close to that in the Camry. I have seen tanks at close to 50 miles per gallon.

I hope to have one of the Ford hybrids for the trip to Bensen days.

I will try to remember to write about it.

I like the money it saves but it does take a lot of the joy out of driving.

I drive a BMW M Roadster back and forth to the airport and find joy in its handling, acceleration and brakes while getting 22 miles to the gallon of premium auto gas.

We also have a Ford E 350 that if you hold your foot just right might get 16 miles to the gallon and Ed who has kind of a led foot can get it down into the 12s.

My favorite cross country vehicle was a Jaguar S type in 2005 that got 28 miles to the gallon at illegal speeds. It was comfortable and exciting.

I drove a little VW Jetta TDI wagon that often exceeded 50 miles to the gallon of Diesel and was fun to drive.

I find it is useful to run the numbers to find how much a year I will actually save with an economy car.

Thank you, Vance

I always knew a hybrid with a diesel engine for the fossil fuel component would really kick ass and this just proves it.

Vance, thanks for the information.

I need to wait about 2 years before I can purchase a hybrid or electric. Most of my driving is 5 days a week to a volunteer job that's only 18 miles round trip. Hopefully in 2 years the hybrid and electrics will be even better.

If you do drive one of the Ford hybrids give us a write up here about it.