New hazard to flying

WHY

Gold Member
Aircraft
Ercoupe and Cessna 150, 152, 172, 140, Aeronca,7ac, Citabria,Chief,Piper PA11,PA12
Total Flight Time
Latest EAA news letter says John and Martha King (of KING SCHOOLS FLIGHT INSTRUCTIONS) were arrested at gun point and hadcuffed in Santa Barbra Ca. when a incorrect piece of data said there plane was stolen.

This is the second screw up of this nature, the other happened to another older couple on there way to Oshkosh when they landed at a airport in Nebraska this year, no appologies of explanations given at the time.

Tony

The TSA screwed up? NO! it can't be so!

More gov in the way.

Stolen?

Stolen?

It has been a long time since they (TSA) acutally caught someone really stealing an aircraft. I think they need to stay in practice. How much explosives can someone stuff into a small aircraft I wonder. I don't think such a thing would do much damage, however, blow out a few windows in a high rise apartment building ... maybe.

I see police sometimes feel the necessity to shoot and kill a crazy with a pocket knife gone postal. Although I can't see why the police feel threatened since they are covered completely in armor. I think, also, they have access to all those weapons available in the military arsenal....maybe not.

I expect it is a rather boring job at times being a cop serving the public (whoever that is). They need a good distraction from time to time. Shooting someone is a good thing...........................:suspicious:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." Roosevelt stole the line from Francis Bacon. :peace:

... Although I can't see why the police feel threatened since they are covered completely in armor. ...

Armor covers the front and back of the torso.

Legs ain't covered.

Groin ain't covered.

Arms ain't covered.

Sides of the Torso ain't covered.

Throat ain't covered.

Face ain't covered.

Eyes ain't covered.

The only dangerous part of my flying is that evrytime I'm up.......I know my wife is shopping somewhere!

Armor covers the front and back of the torso.

Legs ain't covered.
Groin ain't covered.
Arms ain't covered.
Sides of the Torso ain't covered.
Throat ain't covered.
Face ain't covered.
Eyes ain't covered.[
/QUOTE]
I think they should get a new tailor.

For me, I would use one of those robots with a speaker and TV camera installed they use in bomb squads. I would use the robot (a cheap robot) to confront suspects and have all my people eager to shoot hiding nearby. That way nobody would be uncomfortable.

I once saw bad guys shoot the robot thinking they could kill the machine and get away. It was comical for all to witness and after such comedy nobody else felt like shooting.

It is just a matter of time; testing is going on now in the middle east. Drone missle fire directed from playStations located in Washington. Satelite surveillance over large metropolitan areas. British cities now have complete video coverage in most every part of a city ...... they monitor traffic ...........