Capacitance fuel probe

Paul_Zurawski

Aircraft
Bensen Subaru
Total Flight Time
10,000+
Does anyone have any experience with the Princeton fuel probe that Aircraft Spruce sells? This is the one that you can set five points on it. How accurate is it using the typical seat tank?
Thanks

I have one. I think its great. Totally accurate.

Roy

If you buy the version that has 5 points (empty, 1/4,1/2,3/4,full) can you calibrate it for each of the 5 points or does it assume that the level at half full is simply half the level at full? ie is it a simple linear graduation between empty and full?
My Magni tank is much wider at the bottom than the top so a linear calibration would be of no use to me.
Mike G

You calibrate it by putting the right amount of fuel in the tank. It doesent care what shape the tank is. eg on a seat tank it shows half when half the fuel is gone and not half height of the tank. Just what you want.

So the fuel level at 1/4tank is at a certain point on the probe, you push the calibrate button. Then you put the same amount of fuel into the tank, whatever point on the probe that fuel reaches, you push calibrate, then that point is registered as the half point.Do the same for the next two points......this is how I understand it.

Thanks, sounds interesting on my M16 I can't see the fuel level in flight.
Mike G