- About 04 Marine
- Total Flight Time
- Just under 1,000 hours as a fixed wing pilot, and 350 combat missions as a .50 Cal door gunner.
- Now wanting to build a two place gyrocopter. Have built a EAA Bi Plane, Skybolt, RV-4 and Longez
- You may see me sign emails as "Aussie". In part I am Australian. Well sorta...conceived in Brisbane, and born in Los Angeles. That's close enough for me. So I've always used "Aussie" as my aviation call sign. Served as a Marine from 1966-1990. When younger I flew as a door gunner, have been a Drill Instructor, but my primary job was that of an Air Traffic Controller. At retirement I was the CO of a Marine Support Squadron and had risen to the grade of Major. After that I managed large airports and owned an FBO.
Member EAA, PRA, PRA Chapter 1 and 31 and donator of Aviation Metal Art, normally weather vanes.
- Real Name
- Glen Porter, Major USMC (Ret.)
- Yucca Valley, California Elevation 4,000 MSL
- CFII SEL since 1972 but not current due to health. FAA Designated Examiner for Air Traffic Controllers
- Retired, but still build aircraft weather vanes and other metal art. I also have a full CNC metal shop that I own.
- Primary Airport
- KL22 Yucca Valley Airport, in the California High Desert.
- Semper Fi,
Glen Porter, Major USMC (Ret.)
FAA Designated Examiner for Air Traffic Controller
Approach and Departure Controller
ATC Facility Manager/Airspace Designer
.50 Cal. Door Gunner and Marine Corps Drill Instructor
- Semper Fi,
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Platinum Member
- Home Page
- This Page