Rotary Wing Forum  

Go Back   Rotary Wing Forum > Mike G

Conversation Between Mike G and gyrogreg
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Mike G
    12-06-2013 05:48 AM
    Mike G
    Gregg
    I've only just seen your messages. Thanks for the concern and interest. I don't blame you for not getting too involved in the forum, it can get out of hand pretty quickly.
    I'm not at home at the moment and replying on a little tablette thing, so will reply in more detail when I get back next week.
    MikeG
  2. gyrogreg
    12-03-2013 05:24 AM
    gyrogreg
    Mike, I didn't want to run out of room on my last message: Sources of 2-p-r shake are:
    friction in teeter bearing, axial play in teeter bearing or pitch pivot, looseness or resonance in cyclic control linkage. Teeter bolt should not be tightened like you would another gyro - it has combo bearings (thrust and axial) to eliminate axial play source of 2-p-r shake - that could be damaged if tightened too tight. First thing to do is be sure you are seeing 2-pr or 1-p-r shake - sometimes not apparent, but can be ID'd easy. If I can help, email - Greg
  3. gyrogreg
    12-03-2013 05:17 AM
    gyrogreg
    Hi Mike,

I don't respond on the forum any more - too much time and stress. But, I noticed your thread on 2-per-rev shake. I also noticed Chuck's comment about shake of your MAGNI rotor. I didn't see where you were talking about a Magni. Which Magni are you talking about? Magni rotors should ahve no shake - and 2-per rev shake is particularly abscent in Magni rotors. If it helps, see my article:
    http://www.magnigyro.com/features/SMOOTH.pdf
    Email me at gyrogreg@ldd.net if I can help you resolve your problem. 2-per-rev shake has specific sources, and I would want to help resolve any rotor shake issues you might have that should be corrected.