PDA

View Full Version : Xenon in the UK?

WillyRose
10-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Rafael,
Are you working towards BCAR-T approval in the UK?
Can you give us an update on the status of this development?
Do you have representation in the UK? And a website?
All the best,
Clive

Resasi
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Clive there is/was a UK agent and an Instructor from over here that has been looking into possible certification, but at the moment I think the demand from Europe and Africa has been a priority with them.

WillyRose
10-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for your reply, Leigh.

I exchanged eMails with someone purporting to be a UK agent in April who planned to be at the Popham Microlight Fair over May Day weekend. Sadly, he and the Xenon were no-shows and I've heard nothing since.

I certainly wouldn't single-out Xenon for criticism in the communication stakes - the whole industry seems to be affected - but, like many people, I have a genuine interest in flying one of the new generation enclosed cockpit gyros and I think it's pretty bad form to ignore any prospects. Toujours la politesse and all that.

So I started this thread in the hope of opening a direct channel to the horse's mouth, as it were, and to allow Rafael to keep me and any other UK-based prospects in the loop. Hopefully, he'll dip in when he has an opportunity.

In the meantime, thanks again for your reply and, if anyone else has any input, please add it to the pot.

Incidentally, I'm happy to say that gyro pilots seem to be the exception to the dodgy communication rule. This Forum being a case in point. Long may it continue.

All the best,
Clive